We thank you for wanting to pay your photography knowledge forward!
Even though this is a volunteer opportunity, all workshops are required to be authentic and provide a dynamic educational experience. Join in on the fun and give back- there's a world of photographers ready to learn what you know!
Fall teaching applications are open through July 13.
Apply to Teach
Let’s make your workshop great!
Here is what you need to do:
- Please respect deadlines.
- Review the workshop Prep Checklist after your workshop has been approved.
- Communicate any changes to the workshop location, times, or cancellations to PPA immediately.
- Send intro email as outlined in the workshop Prep Checklist.
- Promote your workshop on social media with these quick and easy links. As an instructor, it is your responsibility to fill your workshop. With more than 150 workshops at a time, PPA cannot uphold the duty of recruitment for each individual workshop.
- Engage with attendees, they’re excited to get to know you!
- Be honest and kind at all times.
- Want to know who is attending? Check your workshop roster in your MyPPA.
- Offer on-site registration for your workshop.
- Submit on-site registration form(s) via e-mail or mail by the end of your workshop season: May 31st or September 30th.
- Provide workshop feedback via this evaluation form.
Note: Instructors interested in teaching a course on drones must have an FAA certification.
What You Earn
- 2 speaking merits per workshop taught; You can only teach a maximum of two workshops per PPA Workshop season.
- Connect with other photographers in your area.
- Teaching can be a great way to expand your own knowledge base.
- Earn $50/per attendee when you have 8 or more people and you have a PPA degree/certification.