Professional Photographers of America Announces 2018 Board Composition
ATLANTA, GA (MARCH 1, 2018) - Beginning today, Professional Photographers of America (PPA) welcomes Arkansas photographer Stephen Thetford, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, as its new president. Thetford begins a year-long term that extends through the end of February 2019.
"It is such an honor to serve as the President of Professional Photographers of America, an organization that I have long believed in and respected for the purity of its mission, the integrity of its goals and the opportunities it has provided Janet and me in our careers," Thetford said, referencing his over 30-year career running a highly successful photography studio with his wife Janet.
"The Council, Board of Directors, PPA staff and member volunteers have worked very hard over the years to build and maintain this association to the benefit of its membership," he adds. "As we pursue our mission together during this coming year I am looking forward to continued innovation in the abundant support, education, advocacy and professional relationships that PPA provides."
Thetford takes over the position after serving last year as the Vice President. The new Treasurer, Gregory Daniel, began his service today as well. The previous Treasurer, Audrey Wancket, assumes the role of Vice President. The previous President, Rob Behm, assumes the role of Chairman of the Board and the previous Chairman, Lori Craft, Hon.M.Photog., Cr.Photog., rotates off of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors—all PPA members themselves—will shape the vision for the association until March 2019. Its members include the following:
- Chairman Rob Behm, M.Photog.Hon.M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Spokane Valley, WA
- President Stephen Thetford, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Ft. Smith, AR
- Vice President Audrey Wancket, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Spring Grove, IL
- Treasurer Gregory Daniel, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, F-ASP, from Titusville, FL
- Director Mary Fisk-Taylor, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, ABI, API, from Richmond, VA
- Director Barbara Bovat, Cr.Photog., from Claverack, NY
- Director Clark Marten, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Billings, MT
- Director Jeffrey Dachowski, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Bedford, NH
- Director Steve Kozak, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Grand Prairie, TX
- Director Kira Derryberry, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Tallahassee, FL
- Director Mark Campbell, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, API from Wheeling, WV, beginning his first term.
- Director Allison English Watkins, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, from Park City, UT, beginning her first term.
- Industry Advisor Michael Hanline from St. Paul, MN
PPA is a nonprofit association and the board is an essential component of that designation, taking an active role in its legal and financial responsibilities, visioning and policy. Each member of the PPA board is an active, professional photographer and brings a unique set of skills and talents to the table, aiding PPA in a variety of areas. Each board member serves three two-year terms and becomes eligible to run for the executive board after completing their first term.
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the largest and longest-standing nonprofit photography trade association with a 150-year history. It currently helps 30,000+ pros elevate their craft and grow their business with resources, protection, and education, all under PPA’s core guiding principle of closing the gap between what photographers do as artists and entrepreneurs and what consumers want.