PPA Photography Workshops are held twice a year.
Over 175 photo workshops are held across the country as photographers open their studio doors to help their fellow photographers become better photographers and business owners.
PPA Photography Workshops run for two weeks, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. They allow PPA members and non-members alike to hone their skills and to better the photography industry.
PPA Photography Workshops - Important Dates
SPRING: May 4-18, 2020
FALL: September 7-21, 2020
Take a Workshop
This is a chance you won't want to miss—a full day of photography education brought to you by fellow photographers. Attendees vary in their specialties and locations, but they all seem to agree on one thing: PPA Photography Workshops are one of the best and easiest ways to join your peers for an excellent learning experience!
Even though this is a volunteer opportunity, all workshops are required to be authentic and provide a dynamic educational experience. Join in on the fun and give back- there's a world of photographers ready to learn what you know!
Let’s make your workshop great!
Here is what you need to do:
- Respect Deadlines. Applications are due by February 3, 2020.
- Review the workshop Prep Checklist after your workshop has been approved.
- Communicate any changes to the workshop location, times, or cancelations to PPA immediately.
- Send intro email as outlined in the workshop Prep Checklist.
- Promote your workshop on social media with these quick and easy links. As an instructor, it is your responsibility to fill your workshop. With more than 150 workshops at a time, PPA cannot uphold the duty of recruitment for each individual workshop.
- Engage with attendees, they’re excited to get to know you!
- Be Honest and kind at all times.
- Want to know who is attending? Check your workshop roster in your MyPPA
- Offer on-site registration for your workshop. Download form here
- Submit on-site registration form(s) via e-mail or mail by the end of your workshop season: May 31st or September 30th.
- Provide workshop feedback via this evaluation form
Note: Instructors interested in teaching a course on drones must have an FAA certification.
“To teach is to learn twice over.” – Joseph Joubert
What You Earn
- 2 speaking merits per workshop taught; You can only teach a maximum of two workshops per PPA Workshop season.
- Connect with other photographers in your area
- Teaching can be a great way to expand your own knowledge base.
- Earn $50/per attendee when you have 8 or more people and you have a PPA degree/certification.