- Articles & Sample Contracts
- Family Portrait Month
- Find-a-Photographer Search Engine
- Professional Photographer Magazine
PPA members are entitled to full access to a library of online resources right here on PPA.com. From sample legal forms, model contracts and copyright information, to articles on how successful studios made it work, financial and marketing articles, and more. No library card needed!
What are you waiting for? We are working on dynamic list for you. In the meantime, our library already has a lot of sample contracts information for you to browse.
There’s only so much time in a day—and wiggle room in your budget. We get it. Really.
That’s why PPA offers webinars for our members. Satisfy your thirst for knowledge from the comfort of your own home or studio. All you need are things you probably already have: a computer, an Internet connection and a phone line!
Our webinars cover everything from business and financial advice to marketing strategies and creative content. By participating in live sessions, you can ask questions and get answers in real-time! However, since we realize how demanding your schedule is, we also archive those webinars for your convenience and middle-of-the night viewing.
Remember: As a PPA member, you receive savings (up to 80%, actually). Oh, and some webinars are completely, totally FREE. That’s what’s up.
Take a sec to learn more, and we’ll see you online.
Family Portrait Month is designed to make everyone smile—from photographers and clients to children in need.
What is it, exactly?
It is a way for you to participate in a fundraising effort benefitting Operation Smile, a children’s medical charity dedicated to improving the health and lives of children born with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities. Participating photography studios contribute a portion of their family portrait session sales to PPA Charities, but participating in this tends to impress (and draw) clients, too.
How does it work?
- Go to www.ppacharities.com to sign up and get all the details.
- Make a small donation of at least $30 to PPA Charities (your registration).
- Access online marketing resources, including success stories, photographer-led marketing templates, sample marketing copy, logos and more. (Once registered as a participant, you’ll get an email that gives you access to these handy resources!)
- Donate at least $25 to PPA Charities for each family portrait session occurring October – November (or all year-round!).
What’s in it for me?
Not only do you get the warm-fuzzies from helping children smile again, but charitable marketing also has a way of making clients look fondly on you (and think of you when they need portraits).
On top of that, you can get in the running to photograph an Operation Smile Mission! How?
It takes $240 to enable Operation Smile’s volunteer medical professionals to perform a single surgery. If a photographer like you contributes at least $240 to Operation Smile, you are entered into a drawing for an opportunity to document one of their life-changing medical missions! For every additional $240 contributed, you receive another drawing entry.
Get the scoop.
To learn about Family Portrait Month and all the other ways you can help Operation Smile, go to www.ppacharities.com or connect with Bert Behnke at 708-267-0657 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having a business is nothing like playing hide-and-seek. You want your customers to find you! That’s exactly why you should take a few minutes to update your FREE portfolio on PPA’s Find-a-Photographer search engine.
Potential clients search for photographers and see sample images here. In fact, several of our members have mentioned receiving numerous bookings from this search engine!
What are you waiting for? You’re already logged in, so here’ what you can do:
- Click on theLoop for your home page, and scroll down to the My PPA box in the lower left.
- If you haven’t updated your profile, click on the following link: “Update Your Find-a-Photographer Profile.”
- Upload some sample images now, so that potential clients can find you immediately! Remember, the Find-a-Photographer search engine and personal portfolio are completely FREE with a Professional Active membership.*
*Please note that this benefit is not available to members in the Aspiring category.
If you want to stay up on latest techniques, products, and business advice (and we’re sure that you do), you’ll be glad to receive the award-winning Professional Photographer magazine each month.
It comes with your membership, and you can get it the way you want it:
- Magazine: The award-winning magazine is delivered to your studio every month. You’ll get the scoop on the latest products and technologies, tips on running a successful studio and profiles of inspiring photographers.
- Digital edition: The same beautiful magazine with the convenience of digital access from any Web-capable device. Flip through the pages, zoom in on images and read archived issues back to 2008. Live links on every page enhance your reading experience.
- Online: Visit the magazine website at www.ppmag.com. You can browse through product reviews, online tutorials, digital issues and an image gallery displaying the PPA Loan Collection. You’ll find an extra bonus here: Professional Photographer Web Exclusives, where you get even more tips and advice!