PPA Insurance Solutions
Broken camera? Broken lens?
Don't panic: PPA's got your back
with PhotoCare equipment insurance!
Stuff happens. Stuff like accidents and theft.
Protect yourself with PPA's Insurance Solutions. These incredibly awesome benefits help you protect what matters most: from your most valuable equipment to your invaluable reputation. Check'em out.
- PhotoCare Equipment Insurance
- PhotoCare Plus
- Business General Liability Insurance
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Indemnification Trust
Activate Your Free PhotoCare Insurance Now! PPA pays the premiums for YOU!
No other professional photographic association
will pay your equipment insurance premium
to help protect you when things go wrong—like
a broken camera or broken lens—only PPA!
PhotoCare Equipment Insurance is a policy purchased by PPA for eligible members (U.S.and Puerto Rico-based Professional Active and Life members) and administered through Lockton Risk Services, PPA's exclusive broker. This protection covers your cameras, lenses and other
photography equipment, including computer hardware:
- $15,000 of coverage paid for by PPA
- Loss due to fire, theft or equipment breakage
- Worldwide, off-premises or "on location" coverage
- U.S. and Puerto Rico-based Professional Active or Life members are eligible
- See more details or read the FAQs.
Start your protection now.
In order to file a claim through PhotoCare, you MUST activate your coverage by opting in! (You know what that means, right? You have to say, "Yes, I want this!" in order to be protected.)
Take two minutes to do it now (if you're a U.S. and Puerto Rico-based PPA Professional Active or Life member). You'll be thankful you opted in once you run into a situation with a broken camera or broken lens, equipment theft or equipment damage due to fire. After all, $15,000 in FREE protection is worth that much of your time, right?
- Log in to www.PPA.com with your username and password.
- Look under the "My PPA" tab (your Loop home page )
- Click on the "Yes, I would like to opt in for PhotoCare Equipment Insurance!" (It will appear in the bottom left "My PPA" section if you are eligible.)
- Follow the prompts to download a copy of your PhotoCare Coverage Certificate!
Want this coverage? You gotta be a member! Join PPA.
Want even more coverage? get PhotoCare Plus.
If you need more coverage than the $15,000 that we automatically offer our members for equipment theft, fire or breakage (like a broken camera or broken lens), Lockton Risk Services offers PhotoCare Plus Equipment Insurance. It provides extended coverage and lower deductibles than PhotoCare, but you will have to pay the premiums yourself (which vary according to your coverage, but are still super-affordable):
- Up to $100,000 in coverage
- Coverage extends to include theft of equipment in unlocked vehicles, mysterious disappearances, and non-PPA member employee coverage (up to $1,000).
- All U.S. and Puerto Rico-based Professional Active and Life PPA members in good standing are eligible to purchase this exclusive policy.
Ready to extend your equipment protection? Purchase PhotoCare Plus.
If a client (or anyone, for that matter) is injured during the course of your work, or if any property is damaged, you could be held accountable for the damages. That's why you need more than equipment insurance if you're running a business, my friend.
Lockton Risk Services offers Business General Liability insurance policies to cover PPA members for the following:
- $1 million / $2 million limit
- Liability arising out of bodily injury (on or off premises) as a result of your business activities
- Damage to the property of others
- Real or alleged faults in work completed by or for your business, resulting in bodily injury
- Personal or "advertising" injury (such as libel, slander and invasion of privacy)
Finding good medical and dental coverage for self and family can be tough for anyone (and not much fun), which is why PPA has partnered with Pallay Insurance Agency for help finding the best!
Pallay Insurance Agency is independent and represents a number of leading medical and dental insurance companies. What does that mean for you? They can help you choose from a number of companies for plans* that best fit your coverage and budget needs. Even better? After a plan is purchased, they will be there to assist you with any premium, coverage or claims assistance you may require from your new insurance company! (Talk about the hands-on approach.)
Pallay's insurance brokers can help you find the best…
- Medical Insurance
- Short Term Medical Insurance
- Limited Medical Insurance
- International Travel Medical Insurance
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Insurance
- FREE Prescription Drug Discount Card
For more information, and to receive free, no obligation quotes, members should contact Pallay Insurance Agency by phone toll-free at 888-549-8533, or learn more about PPA Medical and Dental Plans here.
*Coverage not available in all counties.
Despite the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), PPA is still unable to provide discounted nationwide group health insurance for its members. This is because of federal and state laws that still prohibit insurance from being pooled across state lines. Pooling at an interstate level is complicated not only by federal insurance mandates but, also because State Insurance Commissioners establish different coverage minimums for each state. This means that a member in Florida is not likely to receive the same insurance benefits as a member in Texas even if they are with the same provider (although some of this has been remedied by the new federal law).
Please know that PPA does champion the ability for associations to offer national health plans. In fact, the association continues to support and advocate for legislation that includes provisions that would legalize Association Health Plans. Until that time, PPA has partnered with Pallay Insurance Agency, Inc., to assist members in securing affordable and quality medical and dental coverage. Regrettably, there are some counties in which they are not yet authorized to broker policies, so check out their benefit page to see if yours is one of them. Pallay has also assisted the association in explaining the ramifications of the Affordable Care Act by hosting a series of webinars on the topic of health coverage.
At some point, every one of us will fall victim to Murphy's Law — the idea that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. But we're here to help.
PPA members in the U.S. and Canada are eligible to get a type of malpractice coverage (our Indemnification Trust) in case something goes wrong that is generally considered your responsibility, such as equipment malfunction or unsatisfied clients (like the infamous Bridezilla).
With the Indemnification Trust you:
- Call PPA's customer service center (800-786-6277) and report a claim.
- Set up the claim with the Member Care Professional, who contacts the law firm of Meadows & Macie, the most experienced attorneys in the world at defending professional photographers.
- You will be contacted by the attorneys really quickly (usually within 24 hours when possible), and they help covered members with their expert advice and guidance.
- Don't worry about your PPA rates going up after filing a report with the Trust; all members pay the same participation fee, regardless of the number of reports filed.
Trust attorneys will help you defuse an issue or a potential problem with a client. And we've got your back even if your problem cannot be resolved without litigation:
- The Trust will appoint and pay for local attorneys to defend you.
- The Trust will pay any damages awarded to your client.
- You only pay a small deductible.
- You will never pay an attorney's bill.
We hope you never have to use this benefit, but if you do, it can help save your reputation, business, and money. Get even more info on how this benefit works.
And remember: Accessing the Trust does not mean that you are taking a step towards litigation or that you'll automatically be billed for the deductible. Many times the Trust can help you successfully resolve a situation without going to court and at no cost to you! Simply put, if the Trust doesn't have to cut a check on a claim, you don't have to pay out any money!