Indemnification Trust (Malpractice Protection)
At some point, every one of us will fall victim to Murphy’s Law — the idea that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
But PPA's here to help. PPA members in the U.S. and Canada are eligible to get a type of malpractice coverage (our Indemnification Trust) in case something goes wrong that is generally considered your responsibility, such as equipment malfunction, an error or unsatisfied clients (like the infamous Bridezilla).
With the Indemnification Trust you:
- Call PPA’s customer service center (800-786-6277) and report a claim.
- Set up the claim with the agent, who contacts the law firm of Meadows & Macie, the most experienced attorneys in the world at defending professional photographers.
- You will be contacted by the Trust's law firm really quickly, usually by the next business day, and they help covered members with their expert advice and guidance.
- Because the Trust is not Insurance, we'll never raise your rates because you have to file a claim.
Sometimes advice from the Trust is enough to resolve a client dispute. If your covered claim cannot be resolved, then subject to a small deductible ($200 in most cases) the Trust can also step in and:
- Pay a substantial amount for data recovery services
- Pay any settlement it negotiates
- Prepare you for Court and, if necessary, appoint local counsel at the Trust's expense; and
- Pay judgments for most types damages awarded to your client if things go poorly at Court.
We hope you never have to use this benefit, but if you do, it can help save your reputation, business, and money. Get even more info on how this benefit works.
The PPA Indemnification Trust is governed by the Trust Declaration which sets forth the full terms of the Trust including any applicable limitations and exclusions. Complete details can be found here.
Looking for some more information or downloadable resources on the Indemnification Trust? --Dig in:
- Get a copy of the 2016 Indemnification Trust Agreement (this explains the purpose and scope of this rockin’ PPA benefit)
- Indemnification Trust Webinar
- Indemnification Trust FAQs, including information on the actual Trust, its coverage, how to file a claim, etc.
- Data loss