Competition Tips - Learning How the Judges Score Images and How to Prepare
August 24, 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Register: Register Now
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (PDT)
Come learn the detail behind how judges score images in competition from senior PPA members with national judging experience.
In this 6.5 hour class you will learn:
1. Understanding how the PPA competition works
2. Each of the 12 Elements of a merit image and see actual images critiqued
3. Tips regarding what judges tend to emphasize
4. How the PPA scoring system works and the significance of each level
5. Group Dialog about identifying the center of interest in an image from examples
6. Group participation in evaluating titles. Participants are encouraged to bring images
7. The process to critique your own images and prepare for competition
Veteran judges Bonnie Hamilton and Frank Nichols will take the group through the PPA 12 Elements of a merit image in detail and share their experiences from judging at the national level.
Award winning author Mark Fitzgerald will share the process for preparing images for competition and how tools such as Photoshop can be used to strengthen them.
Several PPA members, with international acclaim for their competition images, will be in attendance to interact directly with participants and answer questions.
PPA members will receive a Merit for attending the class
Member price - $20
Non-Member price - $30
For our out of town guests staying overnight we are organizing a guided shoot of the historic Columbia River Gorge on Sunday.