Join PPA to get 24/7 access to all of PPA’s resources and benefits, including its entire Online Learning Center.
Posing for Weddings: The Wedding Couple
Bry Cox M.Photog.Cr., CPP
In this video class, PPA wedding photography expert, Bry Cox, shows how to get the perfect shots for that perfect couple. No matter your style of photography, Bry discusses posing details that work for any wedding couple (and make them look like they’re in love)!
You’ll be learning a variety of poses and expressions, from close-ups to full-length shots and everything in between. Bry walks you through some of the best options and provides pointers on how to make each work. For instance, you’ll learn about…
Posing bride & groom together:
- How do you make her smaller and more feminine…and him bigger and more masculine?
- What lighting should you use?
- What details do you watch for on both him and her?
Posing them individually:
- How do you bring out his personality and unleash her sassy side?
- What shots and poses should you get?
- When do you add the other half… and how?
And since most couples don’t step out of magazines, Bry also shows you how to work with photographic “problem areas” and still make them look fantastic! He’ll even share how you can make the end of your shoot fun, unique, dramatic and different. It’s a great way to end the shoot, and you’ll be in smiles at the end of this class, too!
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Bry Cox is a PPA Master/Craftsman with PPA Certification, an Adobe software Partner, and NIK software partner. For over a decade, he has taught workshops to professional photographers all over the US and Canada, and many places in China as well. He has created many tools for photographers including Photoshop tools, tutorial DVDs, and three self-help books which have had rave reviews.
Bry Cox’s images are used by Capitol Records, CMT, ads for Fuji Film, ads for PocketWizard, and for covers/national magazines like Billboard, TV Guide, American Photo, Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, American Girl, and photography magazines in China and Canada. His images are used by VIPs, filmmakers, TV anchors, musicians and other prominent people like LeAnne Rimes, Natalie Cole, Olivia Newton-John, Ryan Shupe, Donny and Marie Osmond, Kenny Loggins, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Forbes, Mitt Romney, and the last four Utah Governors!
Short list of image awards:
• Gold Medal Winner out of 25,000 International Photographers
• Master Photographer of the Year, and Photographer of the Year many times state and nationally
• 8 Time Winner of the Fuji Masterpiece Award
• 6 Time Winner of the Kodak Gallery Award
• A PPA Master/Craftsman many times over.
Bry’s workshops are a good combination of business principals juxtaposed with the creative aspects of a successful artist.