Join PPA to get 24/7 access to all of PPA’s resources and benefits, including its entire Online Learning Center.
Posing for Weddings: The Groom
Bry Cox M.Photog.Cr., CPP
When planning a wedding, it’s all about the bride—HER day, HER dress, HER moment. What about the groom? After all, it takes two to tango, so you don’t want to exclude him! In this video class, instructor Bry Cox teaches you to how to pose this sometimes overlooked but essential leading man.
Through demos and discussion, you’ll learn the importance of making the groom look masculine in those poses. It’s not a gray area, it’s not a “maybe;” it is a critical part of photographing men. However, you don’t need your groom to wear a hard hat, show tattoos and carry a sledgehammer to look masculine! Bry actually shows you the poses and details that sell, including…
- Sitting Poses – This can create a powerful look if you know how to direct the pose correctly.
- Standing Poses – See what to do so your groom doesn’t look like the Tin Man.
- Action Poses – He won’t be jumping out of an airplane, but learn some tips for great action shots!
- Details that make the pose, from paying attention to accessories to using shadows and angles for stronger photos.
By the end, your photos will make it HIS day as well!
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Bry Cox is a PPA Master/Craftsman with PPA Certification, an Adobe software Partner, and NIK software partner. For over a decade, he has taught workshops to professional photographers all over the US and Canada, and many places in China as well. He has created many tools for photographers including Photoshop tools, tutorial DVDs, and three self-help books which have had rave reviews.
Bry Cox’s images are used by Capitol Records, CMT, ads for Fuji Film, ads for PocketWizard, and for covers/national magazines like Billboard, TV Guide, American Photo, Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, American Girl, and photography magazines in China and Canada. His images are used by VIPs, filmmakers, TV anchors, musicians and other prominent people like LeAnne Rimes, Natalie Cole, Olivia Newton-John, Ryan Shupe, Donny and Marie Osmond, Kenny Loggins, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Forbes, Mitt Romney, and the last four Utah Governors!
Short list of image awards:
• Gold Medal Winner out of 25,000 International Photographers
• Master Photographer of the Year, and Photographer of the Year many times state and nationally
• 8 Time Winner of the Fuji Masterpiece Award
• 6 Time Winner of the Kodak Gallery Award
• A PPA Master/Craftsman many times over.
Bry’s workshops are a good combination of business principals juxtaposed with the creative aspects of a successful artist.