It’s time to get technical with PPA instructor Ron Nichols! No one knows equipment like he does or is better at telling you what you need and why. Be prepared to take notes as Ron discusses the following:
- Computer Processors and Memory: Discuss single, dual, on up to xeon. Learn why quad core is the better choice. Examine memory RAM and what amount is good for you.
- Storage and Hard Drives: Learn the ins and outs of how and where to store your information. Discuss various hard drives, lifespans and how to spot signs of system failures before they happen.
- Network and Video Cards: Discuss the benefits of each, what to avoid and why.
- I/O Ports: Do you know about Thunderbolt, Firewire, or Estata? The differences between USB 2.0 and 3.0? Don’t worry—you should and you will!
- Monitors and software: Ron advises on the best types of monitors, routers and where to download software that you’ll want to use on a regular basis.
Why run all over town or read computer magazine after magazine when Ron has expert knowledge on what photographers need? Take this class, and you’ll save yourself valuable time and money!
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.