Join PPA to get 24/7 access to all of PPA’s resources and benefits, including its entire Online Learning Center.
5 P’s of In-Person Sales
Julia Kelleher M.Photog.Cr., CPP
Whether you can sell ice to Eskimos or still get nervous with each new prospect, this class is for you! In this succinct yet sales savvy course, PPA instructor, Julia Kelleher, condenses everything you need to know into 5 easy steps.
So, what are Julia’s 5 P’s of in-person sales?
- Planning: Learn everything you need to know about the pre-consultation (and why they’re a must!). Discuss wardrobe, location, client personalities and more!
- Products: Julia shows you how to offer products that will speak to your clients. Explore the importance of displays, samples, galleries and online access. Discover the importance of your brand and your style!
- Projection: Learn how to handle the projection sales process, tie back into original expectations, make your client comfy and put them in the mindset for another important P – Purchase!
- Pricing: This can make many photographers flinch, but Julia teaches you to create packages, offer incentives, boutique items while emphasizing your value and focusing on your revenue stream.
- Policies: Rather than being a wet blanket down the line, you’ll learn how to establish and discuss business policies up front. You’ll sleep better knowing you’ve covered this P!
Whether you’re an old pro or a newbie, this course gives you everything you ever needed to know for a smooth-sailing sales process.
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Portrait Photographer Julia Kelleher specializes in newborn and family portraits out of her boutique Bend OR, studio. She offers her clients a photographic style that is timeless, textural and artistic, and specializes in newborn and family portraiture, specifically focusing on relationship images. Since moving her studio Jewel Images Portrait Design from Portland, OR to Bend, OR in 2009, it has grown from running her entire business solely, to now operating with 2 employees and thriving despite a slow economy. Julia has earned a PPA International Silver Medalist, Gold Level Photographer of the Year and several Kodak Gallery and PPA Loan Collection awards for her images. She is also a PPA Master Photographer and Photographic Craftsman. Picking up her first 35mm film camera at age 14, she put it down after college to pursue a love of broadcast journalism, and spent over a decade traveling the country anchoring the news and covering general assignment stories for all three television networks. After working Portland, OR's ABC affiliate for 6 years as an on-air anchor/reporter, she left television news to pursue photography full-time. Her experience with the news industry, and expertise in media relations and public communications have given her the speaking skills to and communication techniques to help other photographers understand their clients, and improve their businesses.
Julia's teaching experience stretches worldwide for Time Exposure's ProSelect software, and she also is featured as one of a handful of instructors for the world renowned professional photographer’s video series Photovision. Also an Imaging USA and PPA affiliate school instructor, Julia excels at topics from lighting and posing newborn relationship portraiture, to marketing, in-person sales and media relations. She coaches photographers is client workflow and business systems management, and offers private mentoring in both newborn photography and sales training.