Justin Moore is a native of San Antonio, Texas and is the owner/chief pilot of Airborne Aerial Photography which provides commercial drone services to South Texas. Justin is also a passionate advocate of using small Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) or drones to promote parks, conservation, and communities.
Justin has operated drones safely and legally since late 2014. He holds a Remote Pilot certificate from the FAA which provides authorization to conduct commercial drone operations. He also flies airplanes and is an instrument-rated private pilot, who respects and follows the FAA’s guidelines for drone operations and has established close relationships with local FAA officials. Airborne Aerial Photography carries liability insurance to cover its flight operations.
In his role as an advocate and public speaker, Justin’s work with drones has been featured locally and nationally in the following publications:
- The San Antonio Current
- General Aviation News
- Professional Photographer Magazine
- Interior Design Magazine
In April 2017, Justin became the country’s first Certified Drone Photographer after completing a certification program with the Professional Photographers of America association which has certified professional photographers for decades.
Justin has donated hundreds of hours of his time to educate the public about drones and to encourage their use as a powerful learning tool:
- Donated over 250 images to the San Antonio Parks Department
- Donated imagery to the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, Cibolo Nature Center, Bexar County Parks, Cibolo Preserve, New Braunfels Parks and Green Spaces Alliance
- Completed public speaking engagements with rotary clubs, libraries and elementary schools to inform the public about drones & their many community benefits
- Featured speaker at Interdrone 2017, the International Drone Conference in Las Vegas
Justin believes in the ethical, legal and safe operation of this new technology. To learn more about him, he maintains a website at www.TexasByAir.com.