The Case for Prints: How to Present the Value of Print Photography to Your Clients
From the world's earliest daguerreotype in 1837 to the world's first digital presidential photograph in 2009 to the first photo on Instagram in 2010, one thing is for sure: we cherish and adore photographs. Photographs capture time and emotion like few other art forms.
However, since that first Instagram photo, we've printed considerably less photos year after year. In fact, all forms of social media have one giant elephant in common: an abundance of stored images, all dressed up with nowhere to go.
As a photographer, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is helping clients see the value in printing some of these gems, helping them see how printing can create family treasures that can last lifetimes.
Did you know:
- 53% of consumers haven't printed a photo in more than 12 months
- 70% don’t have photo albums
- 42% no longer print photos at all
Those statistics are staggering, but they also represent a huge business opportunity for you. Printing high-quality photographs for your clients not only helps them preserve their memories; it also increases your bottom-line and projects next-level professionalism.
PPA offers free marketing resources on PRINTmovement.org to help your clients and prospects see the value of printing and preserving family history in photos. Here’s a list of our current resources:
- Videos: PPA has commissioned a collection of videos that share the message behind The PRINT Movement. Each video speaks to why images should be printed, and shows how meaningful print can be to the consumer. Download and add these videos to your site or share them on social media.
- Print-related News: The PRINT Movement is all about educating photographers and consumers alike about the benefit of print art. The most recent and up-to-date print-related news, industry insights, and more will be posted here.
- Brochure Template: This tri-fold brochure folder contains a PSD file that is a customizable tool for your studio. You can add your own photos, studio information, and pricing to clearly inform your clients. This resource will help you explain the power of print and the necessity of print pieces in every home. This gives you the opportunity to increase sales with a beautiful pamphlet that says everything, so you don’t have to.
- Logos: This logo folder contains files for your use. There are a variety of logo colors and styles to help fit your needs. You can add any version to your marketing materials and more. These logos will help show your clients that you understand the power of print and generate trust in your brand.
- Things to Share: This page is full of resources that you can use to help educate your own community on the benefits of PRINT. Feel free to download, print, and share any resources you find here with your community, your clients, and with other photographers! We will continue to add more shareable content for you, so check back for new material often.
- Share Directly: One of the PRINT Movement's partners wants to see how you package and sell your prints. Check here to learn about a fun-and-easy way to share your work with others. Just remember to use the hashtag #NowShowMeYours
Get all the resources above by going to PRINTmovement.org. Start encouraging your clients to print their photographic memories today.