How to Improve Your Chances (and skills!) in Photographic Competition
As a working photographer, you're probably constantly looking for ways to improve your work. As simple as it sounds, entering a photographic competition is one of the easiest ways to push your photography skills to the next level – especially if you have the opportunity to receive a critique of images you enter.
Luckily for you, PPA's International Photographic Competition is currently open for entries! The judging for PPA's annual International Photographic Competition (IPC) takes place August 5-8, 2018 and now it's time to submit or refine the best images in your portfolio. This competition is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself, so you definitely don't want to miss it!
By entering, you'll get the chance to improve thanks to:
- Getting critiques from certified jurors
- The challenge of competing against incredible photographers
- Exchanging with and learning from the PPA community
- Watching the judging live stream and learning from real images and real judges, in real time!
If you've never had your work critiqued at the IPC before, you might be curious about what the process entails. So check out a critique from last year's competition! This video below is “On The Way” by Rex Madden and critiqued by IPC juror Dennis Hammon. It will show you what you're missing out on if you don't get your images critiqued!
Important Dates for this upcoming IPC:
- Judging will be held August 5-8, 2018 at Gwinnett Tech in Lawrenceville GA, outside Atlanta. It's open to the public and it's free to attend, but if you can't make it in person, you have no excuse not to watch the free online streaming of the entire judging process! It's one of the best ways to learn what judges are looking for in this image competition. For that, bookmark: Stream.theIPC.org
- Don't forget to enter your images early to beat the crowd and save some money! Early registration to enter your images opens May 23-June 27, 2018 by 5 pm ET.
- Entries after June 27 at 5 pm ET will be accepted with surcharge through July 11. Please, note that no entries will be accepted after July 11, 2018 by 5 pm ET.