Congrats to WPC Team USA Member… Gail Nogle!
Are you ready for the World Photographic Cup?! This May, 30 countries will compete in the highly-anticipated international event co-founded by PPA: the World Photographic Cup. The national teams, including two-time winner Team USA, will be vying to take the cup from two-time, reigning champ Portugal. This year's list of registered countries spans from the U.S. to Pakistan, Singapore to Spain. For all things WPC, including galleries of competing images, visit WorldPhotographicCup.org.
Today we'd like to shine the spotlight on a Team USA member and creator of the above image in the Reportage/Photojournalism category: Gail Nogle, M.Photog.Cr., F-ASP!
A graduate of the prestigious Rochester Institute of Technology, Gail spent more than 14 years with Gittings Portrait Studio in Dallas, Texas, where she learned to capture the extraordinary in ordinary people. She also had her share of nervous brides, stiff executives, undisciplined youngsters, and quarrelsome family groups. Pushing the right buttons on their psyches and on her camera creates exhibit-quality portraits year after year. Gail earned the degrees of Master of Photography in 1981 and Photographic Craftsman in 1996 from Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
Children's photography remains Gail's first love and forte. Her Dallas photography studio, opened in 1990, is a paradise for the young and the young-at-heart. There, they poke about, trying on this and that, responding to her antics and chatter, unaware of her eye searching for that look, attitude or expression, which has become her trademark. Gail Nogle is widely considered as the premier innovator in children’s portraiture and in photography as a fine art.
Gail's notable accolades, awards, and achievements:
- 2006 SWPPA Best Portrait by a Master – and the Kodak Gallery Award: “Sunday Afternoon With Grandpa”
- PPA National Convention- New Orleans: Kodak Elite Award 2004 “Newborn Love”
- Regional Gold Medallion 2004- “Newborn Love”
- Kodak Gallery Award 2004- “Natures Art”
- Kodak Gallery Award 2004- “Newborn Love”
- SWPA 4 for 4 Award 2004
- SWPA High Print Case 2004
- Texas High Print Case 2004
- SWPA Best of Show 2004- “Newborn Love”
- SWPA Best Portrait by a Master 2004- “Newborn Love”
- 4 Merit Prints in the Masters Exhibit 2004- “The Art of Motherhood, “Natures Art”, “Newborn Love”, “Strolling Through the Bluebonnets”
- SWPA 4 for 4 Award 2003
- Texas High Print Case 2003
CONGRATULATIONS, GAIL! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU & THE REST OF TEAM USA!
The winner of the World Photographic Cup will be announced at the WPC Awards Ceremony at Sea World, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, on May 5, 2018. For more information on the World Photographic Cup, and to view the finalist images from around the world, visit WorldPhotographicCup.org.