2018 PPA Council Election
Council elections are governed by the Council Policies.
All Professional Active, Additional Active, Associate, Life or Retired PPA members who are in good standing are eligible to be nominated and vote in the Council election in their state. There shall be a maximum of 150 elected Councilors. Each state* has a minimum of one (1) Council position. The remaining seats will be distributed proportionally based on PPA’s membership.
Councilors (and Councilor Nominees) Must:
- Be Professional Active, Additional Active, Associate, Retired or Life members of PPA.
- Be a voting member of the Association and a resident of, or having their principal place of business in, the state from which they are elected.
- Have a valid email address.
- Affirm they will accept the responsibilities of a Councilor if elected.
Nominations for Councilors May Be Made By:
- Any five PPA members (who are Professional Active, Additional Active, Life or Retired members) can nominate a qualified member.
- PPA Local and State Affiliate organizations may nominate a qualified member within their state.
Council Election Schedule:
- April 2, 2018 – Council allocations for each state will be posted
- April 9, 2018 – Council nominations will open.
- April 30, 2018 (11:59pm EST) – Deadline for Council nominations
- May 15 – June 14, 2018 – Voting
- July 1, 2018 – Councilors take office
* "State" as it is used here includes each U.S. State, District of Columbia ("state"), U.S. territories ("state") and Canada ("state"), there shall be one elected Councilor to represent members of this Association residing or having a business in that "state." Additionally, any U.S. territory with PPA Membership with a minimum of 30 members shall be entitled to one elected Councilor.