New Leaders for World's Largest Non-Profit Association for Professional Photographers
March 5, 2012
This month, Professional Photographers of America (PPA – www.ppa.com) makes its leadership transition, bringing in a new executive committee for the board of directors and three new board members. These individuals—all PPA members themselves—will shape the vision for the association from March 2012 to March 2013.
"The past board names read like a Who's Who of professional photography," comments PPA's chief executive officer, David Trust. "So just being elected says something special about these individuals."
The new executive committee of PPA’s board includes the following:
- President Tim Walden; Lexington, Ky.
- Vice President Ralph Romaguera Sr.; Metairie, La.
- Treasurer Susan Michal; Jacksonville, Fla.
- Chairman Don Dickson; Plainview, Texas
The newest members of the PPA board are as follows:
- Richard Newell; Springboro, Ohio
- Stephen Thetford; Fayetteville, Ark.
- Audrey Wancket; Spring Grove, Ill.
Directors continuing on PPA's board include the following:
- Rob Behm; Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Kevin Casey – Industry Advisor; Langhorne, Pa.
- Lori Craft; Marshall, Mich.
- Michael Gan; Dillon Beach, Calif.
- Don MacGregor; Vancouver, British Columbia
- Michael Timmons; Vassar, Mich.
PPA, an international, non-profit association for professional photographers, has roots back to 1869. It exists to assist its 23,000 members with unparalleled protection, education and resources to ensure their continued success in the photographic industry. Members look to PPA for a vibrant and interactive community, for unique benefits like the Indemnification Trust, and for a full-time copyright and government affairs staff, an advocate for their rights. For more information, please visit www.ppa.com.
Contact: Angela Wijesinghe
404-522-8600, ext. 226