The 2009-2010 executive committee of PPA's Board is as follows:
- President Ron Nichols; Grand Ledge, Mich.
- As president, Nichols will seek to build awareness of PPA resources and more.
- Vice President Louis Tonsmeire; Cartersville, Ga.
- Tonsmeire is a firm believer in the importance of forming relationships between clients and photographers.
- Treasurer Don Dickson; Plainview, Texas
- Dickson believes that education creates the difference between professional and amateur and heralds volunteerism as a partial key to success.
- Chairman Dennis D. Craft; Marshall, Mich.
- Immediately after serving PPA as president, Craft serves the board for one more year as its chairman.
Directors continuing on PPA's 2009-2010 Board are:
- Sandy (Sam) Puc'; Littleton, Colo.
- Ralph Romaguera; Metairie, La.
- Carol Andrews; Houston, Texas
- Susan Michal; Jacksonville, Fla.
- Tim Walden; Lexington; Ky.
- Doug Box; Caldwell, Texas
- Don MacGregor; Vancouver, British Columbia
- Kevin Casey - Industry Advisor; Langhorne, Pa.
New to PPA's board is Michael Gan from Pleasanton, Calif., who hopes to "effect change on a national level," especially in regards to local and regional affiliate photography associations. Primarily a portrait artist, Gan owns Meritage House of Photography and a fundraising/charity offshoot called Simply M. An award-winning Master of Photography, Photographic Craftsman, and Certified Professional Photographer, Gan belongs to several other associations, including the American Society of Photographers, Professional Photographers of California, and Northern California Professional Photographers (of which he is a past president).
PPA, the world's largest non-profit association for professional photographers, exists to assist its more than 22,000 members in achieving their professional, artistic, and fraternal goals; to promote public awareness of the profession; and to advance the making of images in all of its disciplines as an art, a science, and a visual recorder of history. For more information, please visit www.ppa.com.