"The 2010 Nik Summit will be a unique experience designed to help photographers dramatically improve their photography by shooting with and learning from some of the world's leading photographers and educators," said Tony Corbell, Sr. Manager of Product Education and Planning for Nik Software. "Photographers of all levels can join two half-day photo shoots at some of the most beautiful locations in San Diego, California, listen to industry leaders discuss the future of photography, and see demonstrations on digital workflow and editing solutions featuring the latest technology."
Taking place at the picturesque Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa on Mission Bay, San Diego, CA, attendees will learn to improve their photographic, digital workflow and image-editing skills after photographing some of the most beautiful areas in Southern California. Keynote presentations by Robert Beck and Joe McNally, two of the world's finest working photographers, educational workshops presented by Dubler and Versace, and panel discussions with industry leaders and digital imaging engineers will inspire attendees to not only become better photographers but better editors of their own work. Relaxing "fireside chats" with peers, leading professionals, and imaging product specialists will be the perfect ending to each day. More information and registration details for The Nik Summit are available at www.niksummit.com.
Nik Software also announces the addition of five co-sponsors of the Nik Summit made up of industry leaders and educational powerhouses, including Epson, Nikon, Wacom, White House Custom Colour, and X-Rite.
- Attendees can register for the event at www.niksummit.com
- When: Thursday, May 13 through Saturday, May 15, 2010; optional morning shoot Sunday, May 16
- Where: Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa on Mission Bay, San Diego, CA
- All on-location shooting sessions, workflow and hands-on lab seminars presentations/panels, and fireside chats
- Breakfast and dinner at hotel
- Transportation for on-location workshops
- Sponsor gifts and prize drawings
- Event ambassadors available to ensure personalized attention
- Cost: $599.95 / $479.95 early bird registration until March 15, 2010. Discount room rates of $149.00 per night are available when booking through the hotel. Mention "The Nik Summit" when making reservations.
Speaker & VIP List
Speakers and other working professionals scheduled to appear include:
- Joe McNally - National Geographic, Time, Nikon
- Robert Beck - Sports Illustrated
- Tony Sweet - Landscape, Nature Photographer, Team Nik member
- Tony Corbell - Photographic educator and lighting specialist, Nik Software Sr. Manager of Product Education & Planning
- Mike Strickland - Senior photographer Disney World, Orlando
- Rick Sammon - Photographer, book author
- Vincent Versace - Smithsonian Award Laureate, photographic educator, author, Team Nik member
- Bill Hurter - Editor, Rangefinder and AfterCapture magazines
- Chris Robinson - Editor, Outdoor Photographer and Digital Photo Pro magazines
- Douglas Dubler - Leading Fashion Photographer, digital workflow expert
- Rob Sheppard - Photographer/author, former editor of Outdoor Photographer magazine
- Janice Wendt - Renowned image retoucher, trainer, and speaker, Nik Software Education and Training Manager
- Laurie Shupp - Award-winning nature and landscape photographer, Nik Software Operations Manager