Your PPA membership comes loaded with several educational opportunities to keep you competitive and on the forefront of modern professional photography. One of the greatest ways to set yourself apart from the competition, if you haven't already, is to GET CERTIFIED!
Becoming a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) through PPA gives you more than just the CPP behind your name, it makes an impact on your career.
One of PPA's favorite podcasts, The PhotoTellers, recently sat and talked with your very own Director of Certification, Julia Boyd for a conversation all about the program. In this episode, Julia and co-hosts Bill Ramsey and Cris Duncan discuss:
• What does it mean to be "Certified Professional Photographer?" Why does it matter?
• "Photography is the subjective use of an objective craft." -Cris Duncan
• What are the steps to become Certified?
• What are the objective metrics that distinguish between a Certified & non-certified photographer? How is this used in marketing? How will PPA help you leverage this distinction?
• To the Photographer who says, "I don't need Certification! I'm doing great work without it." What will you gain through the process?
Give it a listen here. And, while you're at it, check out the other fantastic podcasts from the PhotoTellers team and the Fireside Network. If you'd like to learn more about the Certification process, head on over to PPA.com/CPP.
Certification is one very important way that PPA helps you Be More Successful!
James Yates is an Atlanta-based writer/actor and the Communications Specialist at Professional Photographers of America (PPA). A graduate of Georgia State University, James has worked in the non-profit sector his whole life and is proud to be able to help artists achieve their goals. In his spare time he can be found walking his dogs on the Beltline or partaking in the nightly theater and comedy scene in the ATL.