Can You Edit My Muffin Top? - PPA Today
Can You Edit My Muffin Top?
As a professional photographer, you deal with people's insecurities in front of the camera on a daily basis. We asked OurPPA Facebook followers to share the craziest things clients have asked for, and the photography community came forward with some pretty ridiculous situations. Here are our favorite responses:
• "A bride asked my husband to stretch her limo to make it appear more expensive." Martha C.
• "An architect asked if I could open the front door in Photoshop. On another shot he needed me to turn on all the lights. I told him that was level 7 magic and I was only in my 3rd year at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry." Erica B.
• "A bride who was taller than the groom asking me to stretch him after the pictures were all taken to make him look taller than her by a foot or so." Jillian C.
• "A middle-aged housewife once asked me to shoot 'romantic, soft, tasteful photos' of her for her husband, for their anniversary. She then produced an 18" stack of Hustler magazines, all opened to the centerfold as examples." Anjani M.
• "While shooting a maternity shoot, the mom-to-be who was barefoot turns to her husband and says, 'Honey, you need to take your socks off.' Then looks at me and asks, 'Or can you Photoshop them?'" Tyson P.
• "I had a studio in Hastings, England, and we used to make copy negatives of old photographs on 10x8 film and retouch them. An elderly lady came in with a photo of her dead husband who was wearing a trilby hat. She asked my assistant if we could remove his hat. The answer was yes madam. Assistant asked what color was his hair, her reply was 'Don't be stupid - you will see that when your remove his hat.' On another occasion a lady bought in 2 very dead stuffed monkeys to be photographed and framed. My wife asked the lady if she wanted them mounted. The lady blushed and said 'No thank you, holding hands will be adequate. The joys of being a GP Photographer.' Ian H.
• "At a newborn shoot, most babies are sleeping. One parent wanted me to Photoshop their child's eyes open. Really? Not only that, but during the shoot they started annoying the sleeping baby trying to wake her up. Job well done. Now you have a screaming baby." Michelle C.
• "To make sure her face cheeks were even because her collagen injections were not FDA approved. (And was given a before photo for reference)." Rachel T.
• "Can you turn my head sideways for a profile photo? I like my profile." Marty R.
• "I once had to 'remove' a rather large penis on a horse. Bad enough, but then the family insists that he 'never' does that (which I took to mean the horse must really like me) *blushing*" Shannon M.
• "'I don't like my daughter's outfit, if I take a picture of a skirt. Can you Photoshop it on her?' Umm no." Heather S.
• "Can you iron my kid's shirt in Photoshop?" Kristen J.
Have a story to share? Post in on the thread! We love hearing the shenanigans that happen in your studios!