PPA Today: Imaging USA Classes Archives
Recently in Imaging USA Classes Category
By Autumn Rice
Imaging USA is less than a month away, and although everything about the convention is fantastic, there are some events outside of the class curriculum you just have to attend while in San Antonio. From the Grand Imaging Awards and the Award & Degree Ceremony, to the parties and PPA Charities' Fun Run, these special events are sure to create special memories from your time in San Antonio.
To help you navigate some of the special programs at Imaging USA we gathered the top 7 events that you can't miss! Check them out:
7. Grand Imaging Awards: Celebrate with friends as we honor the 2016 Medalists, Diamond Photographers of the Year, and all the elite Loan Collection artists from the most recent International Photographic Competition (IPC).
6. Award and Degree Ceremony: This ceremony is all about your peers and their accomplishments in the professional photography industry. If you need some inspiration, going to cheer on your fellow photographers is the way to do it!
5. The Expo: The Expo is where all the action takes place. Marvel over everything from the PRINT Movement Theatre, Drone Zone, and the IPC exhibit to vendors offering the best discounts on the industry's latest products just for you! Going to the expo is a must!
4. Charities Reception: Mingle with your fellow photographers before the charities auction. This is a ticketed event!
3. Charities Auction: Kick off Imaging USA as you enjoy fun, auctions and all the good deeds that have been done. This is a ticketed event so pick those up at PPA2016.Gesture.com
2. Fun Run: Get up, get out, and get running at the annual 5k run for PPA Charities. Don't stay out too late the night before because the race starts at 7am and you don't want to be left behind!
1. AND THE PARTIES!!!: The parties at Imaging USA are a great way to kick off the New Year. Dance the night away with all of your photographer friends while having the time of your life. Don't miss the opening party or the closing party!
These are only a few of the special events that Imaging USA has to offer. Don't forget, you can take your Certification exam, watch the incredibly kick-in-the-rear-end motivational and inspiring presentation by CNN Star Mel Robbins, and so much more!
Find a complete list of the special events and their descriptions at ImagingUSA.com/Programs. And don't forget to visit ImagingUSA.com/Register to sign up for Imaging USA. The early bird rate is being extended until midnight ET Dec. 15, 2016. Don't be left behind!
- How to pre-visualize, create a mood board, and plan for stylized fashion and portrait shoots
- Fashion lighting tools and techniques that give your portraits that wow factor
- Techniques of fashion photography useful to differentiate your work from the competition.
- Marketing to High School and Youth Sports
- Securing Sponsorships
- Creating Senior Sports Banners
- Learn closing strategies for almost every objection
- Learn the alternative to hard selling, which is a turn-off to the sophisticated client
- Why selling portraits is the best kept secret out there, even among photographers
- Learn the steps for a successful stress-free session for the dog and everyone else
- Create artistic dog portraits with technical excellence
- Learn how PPA print competitions can take your dog photography to a whole new level
- Get more families in your door
- Learn better family lighting
- Sell family portraits for the wall
- The Real Deal: Creating Exceptional Fine Art Composites with Richard Sturdevant, M.Photog., M.Artist.Cr.
- Wow-Worthy Fashion Techniques for Portraits with Lindsey Adler, Cr.Photog.