By James Yates
Can you believe Imaging USA 2016
is only 2.5 WEEKS away?! PPA Today is going to make sure you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed before your big trip and we figured now may be a good time to go over...transportation.
Imaging USA 2016 will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) in the heart of downtown Atlanta. PPA is super-excited that Imaging USA is in our hometown this year! If you've never been or it's been a while, downtown Atlanta got a face-lift. Right next to the GWCC you'll find Centennial Olympic Park and the CNN Center, the new SkyView Ferris Wheel, the World of Coca-Cola, the new College Football Hall of Fame, the new Civil Rights Museum, and of course, the amazing Georgia Aquarium...home of the 2016 Imaging USA closing party!
If you're flying to Atlanta...take MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) from Hartsfield-Jackson airport to the GWCC, Omni or Glenn Hotels. It's only $2.50 and a straight line there!
1. Enter MARTA Airport station adjacent to baggage claim.
2. Board northbound train (Red or Gold) toward Five Points Station.
3. Get off at Five Points and follow signage to westbound train platform.
4. Board westbound train (Green or Blue) travel one stop to Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center.
5. Follow signage to street level, walk one block northwest toward Georgia World Congress Center.
If you're heading to the Hyatt Regency, Sheraton Hotel or other downtown Atlanta properties, continue on the Red or Gold line past Five Points Station, and get off at Peachtree Center. From there you'll find signage directing you to your respective hotels.
If you're driving to Atlanta...save a lot of money and pre-purchase parking for Imaging USA. That's 50% off the regular convention parking price at $10 per day - no overnight parking permitted.
1. Just click on the GWCC Online Parking Permits button here to go to the main parking permits page.
2. From there you will click on the "Purchase Event Parking Permits" button.
3. On the Select Event page, click on Georgia World Congress Center.
4. Look for Imaging USA among the January events.
5. Continue to pre-purchase a parking permit for IUSA.
If you're also staying at a hotel downtown, you will have access to everything you need for the week with just a short walk. There are also several ways to get around if you want to spend some time exploring our beautiful city or if you're staying at a hotel a little farther away.
Atlanta also has Uber, Lyft and taxi services available.
Wanting to go check out more cool Atlanta spots like the Martin Luther King Center or the Sweet Auburn district? You might want to take a ride on Atlanta's new streetcar
! The streetcar will take you all the way from Centennial Olympic Park to the King Historic District, 12 stops along the way, for only $1 a ride with the quick purchase of a free Breeze card
(the same card you will use to ride Marta).
No matter how you want to get around, Atlanta is ready to wow you at Imaging USA 2016