PPA Today: PPAedu Archives
Recently in PPAedu Category
You've got a pumpkin spice latte in one hand and a folder full of images you need to review in the other. People walk with their hands in their pockets; everyone talks fantasy football and Halloween. It's then you realize that fall has arrived, and with it, the responsibility of making sure your business is in in order for the New Year! Breathe that crisp, cool autumn air deeply, and fret not because PPA has your back.This fall we have several upcoming educational opportunities for members to take advantage of. Here is a rundown of some of our free, live-learning events that can help you maximize your business and start the New Year off right:
Finding Your Missing
Pieces for Profitability in Photography
October 7, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Jeff Lubin, M.Photog.Cr.
October 8, 2014 - 2 pm ET
to Create a Profitable Pet Photography Business
October 21, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Kim Hartz, CPP
Origin of Style
October 23, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Thom Rouse, M.Photog.MEI.Cr., CPP, F-ASP
November 13, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Bridget Jackson, CPA, PPA Business Consultant
Your Social Media Plan
November 18, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With John Pyle
In addition to our webinars, don't forget that Super 1 Day Photo Workshops start next week! For two weeks (10/6-10/20), dozens of studios will open their doors and host classes on a vast array of subjects, from posing and lighting to effective business practices. Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity to learn from some of the best photographers in the world!
PPA closes out its "school year" with the final CPP Prep Class and Business Workshop of 2014. There's still time to register for both and end your year with a bang.
Business Basics Workshop
November 15-16, 2014 in Atlanta
In this two day business workshop for portrait and senior photographers, Jen Basford, Cr.Photog., gives hands on advice on how evaluate your business strengths, develop a profitable pricing structure and use proven marketing ideas to bring more clients to your door.
Certification Prep Classes
November 3-5, 2014 in Atlanta
Thinking about taking the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) exam? We're offering this class to help you pass the exam and learn tons of additional information about the how to effectively run a photography business.
Here at PPA we realize that while you love the art of photography and the process of taking beautiful pictures, and there are probably certain aspects of your business that you do not enjoy. The selling and marketing process, the uncertainty in discovering your niche as a photographer--the list goes on. This webinar is here to tell you that everything is going to be okay! We feel that the best way to learn is by doing and the only thing we can do is confront those doubts and formulate a practical solution to our problems. Take the next step today and register for this impactful class!
Take control of your business with Lynda and improve your bottom line, for free, on September 23 at 2 PM (ET). Register Now!
Mark the Date! On October 7, 2014, at 2 p.m. world-renowned portrait photographer, Jeff Lubin,
M.Photog.Cr., will present a FREE live webinar, Finding Your Missing Pieces for Profitability in Photography, during which he will review actual studios and provide tangible methods through which they can be more successful. And guess what? Yours could be one of them!
Looking to upgrade your offerings? Improve your lighting capacity? EARN MORE MONEY?! Then get involved.
If you are interested in having your studio featured in the webinar, please complete these questions and forward them to email@example.com!
- How long have you been a professional photographer?
- Do you consider yourself new, proficient or advanced?
- Do you have an additional source of income beyond photography (another job, savings, working partner, etc.)?
- How would you categorize your business (portraits, weddings, commercial)?
- Which styles of photography are most appealing to you?
- Do you have trouble making your overhead most months?
- What has been your most successful form of income from your studio?
- Have you noticed big changes in your business recently, and what do you attribute that to?
- How do most of your clients view you? (top pro, new photographer, etc.)
- What do you think is your biggest weakness that you need to overcome?
- What would you like to focus on changing this year?
- In which areas would you like to learn most?
- Would you prefer a one, two or three day workshop?
- Which camera system do you use?
- What type of lighting equipment do you own?
- If you don't currently do studio lighting, would you be interested in learning?
- Do you have a studio and if so, is it commercial or in your home?
- What are your goals in photography for your future?
From October 6 to 20, fall Super 1 Day classes will take place all over the globe on every photography
skill and strategy you can imagine.
PPA will offer members and non-members alike the opportunity to attend a litany of daily workshops ranging from a class on working with strobe & speed lighting units in California to newborn photography in Daegu-city Korea.
All of the classes are taught by professional photographers and are tailored just for you. There are dozens of different courses offered at a variety of different times and dates, so finding one that fits your busy schedule is a piece of cake.
These events offer both up-and-coming photographers and seasoned veterans the chance to learn from one another and also the chance to network and grow their local market. At just $99 if you book online ($120 in person), the day-long classes are an awesome value. And if you're thinking of joining PPA, this is a perfect opportunity to see what we're all about. If you're already a member you'll receive one service merit for attending each class-- a crucial step towards attaining certifications/degrees.
And also another step forward to BE MORE!
Head to PPA.com/super1day to find a class near you.
At PPA, we're constantly paying attention to the fears and concerns of photographers. One of the worries of professional photographers that we hear consistently is struggling to make those big sales. We hear you! Chances are you became a photographer because you love creating beautiful imagery, not because you wanted to be a salesperson. However, to have a successful business you need to be skilled at both!
Selling your photography doesn't have to be frightening. Many photographers hate the feeling
of putting some sort of pressure on their clients to buy packages. That's why this four-part webinar series will help! "Soft Selling with Intense Results" will show you that the uncomfortable high-pressure strategy isn't necessary to make great sales. Soft sales methods focus on using casual, friendly messages to drive sales. Instructor Kristin Privette is very skilled at this and she will share different soft sales methods for photography that have helped her to quadruple (more, actually!) her income within the last five years. Take a look at what you'll learn in each part:
Soft Selling with Intense Results--Webinar Series
Part 1: Soft Sales System for Weddings (view recording)
In this first part, Kristin walks you through the 10-step process she uses to gain five-figure wedding sales. Hear the language they use, the specific steps they take their couples through, and selling techniques that anyone can learn and be comfortable using.
Part 2: 7 P's of Portrait Selling (view recording)
In part 2, Kristin's covers the '7 P's of Portrait Selling.' You'll learn how to start selling from the very first time you speak with a potential client in a way that excites them and prepares them for a big purchase. This simple process has proven to bring her average sales higher than where she started.
Part 3: Your Arsenal of Answers & Increases (view recording)
During Part 3, you'll get the specific phrases Kristin uses to encourage upgrades, wall collections, add-ons and big investments. You'll learn how to prepare your brides from the very beginning to upgrade after the wedding. Plus, you'll hear the language you can use to guide your portrait clients toward wall collections and future sessions. She'll also share how she handles the common objections that every photographer gets.
Part 4: Live ProSelect Demo
September 18, 2014 - 2 pm ET
In the final part of the series, you'll go through a live ProSelect demo, showing exactly how Kristin would present to a portrait client using this software. From the moment the client walks in the door to writing a four figure check, you'll hear Kristin guiding and exciting her client about wall collections and making a big investment.
If you need help with sales, you won't want to miss this series of webinars! As always, both PPA members and non-members can attend the live webinars for FREE. However, if you want to be able to replay the recordings on demand (along with another 250+ videos on different techniques for photographers and business practices), you'll need to be a PPA member (join right here!) or just subscribe to PPAedu. Sign up today and let PPA help you be more!
- You can go (or get the live stream from home) for just $199 when you register by February 5. That's 30% off for early birds!
- And you can add a friend... for free! In-person in Atlanta or through live streaming!
- Save money! No need to spend on hotel, gas or airfare. Who doesn't love saving some money?
- Save time! No need to spend time on the drive or at the airport when you live stream!
- Ability to replay! Once the workshop wraps, you'll get a link to watch the whole thing again, for free!
- Downloadable worksheets! (Who doesn't love a good worksheet?) You'll get everything the folks who attend the face-to-face get, but in an ecofriendly PDF.
- Learn in your pajamas! For the sweatpants-loving photographers out there, this could be the number one reason to try the Live Stream. A day filled with education in your comfy pants? Yep. You may have just found a little slice of heaven here at PPA.
- Two days of top-notch advice from two instructors: Bridget Jackson, a CPA with a proven track record of boosting hundreds of studios' profitability and Jeff Dachowski, M.Photog.Cr., CPP, your photographic mentor, an active, successful photographer who knows what it takes to succeed TODAY
- Live interactive Q&As
- Zero sponsors plugging their product pitches--just tangible business advice (that's the power of the non-profit )