"PPA is providing these makeovers to provide photographers with real-life accounts of how to be more profitable and to give studio owners actual takeaways they can use in their own businesses," said Angela Kurkian, PPA director of education. "It's an all-encompassing approach looking at sales, marketing, workflow and finances to see if the participants are set up to realistically reach their financial goals. PPA's team of mentors will work with them individually on a monthly basis to help them reach their goals."
PPA Today: PPAedu Archives
Recently in PPAedu Category
You've got a pumpkin spice latte in one hand and a folder full of images you need to review in the other. People walk with their hands in their pockets; everyone talks fantasy football and Halloween. It's then you realize that fall has arrived, and with it, the responsibility of making sure your business is in in order for the New Year! Breathe that crisp, cool autumn air deeply, and fret not because PPA has your back.This fall we have several upcoming educational opportunities for members to take advantage of. Here is a rundown of some of our free, live-learning events that can help you maximize your business and start the New Year off right:
Finding Your Missing
Pieces for Profitability in Photography
October 7, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Jeff Lubin, M.Photog.Cr.
October 8, 2014 - 2 pm ET
to Create a Profitable Pet Photography Business
October 21, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Kim Hartz, CPP
Origin of Style
October 23, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Thom Rouse, M.Photog.MEI.Cr., CPP, F-ASP
November 13, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With Bridget Jackson, CPA, PPA Business Consultant
Your Social Media Plan
November 18, 2014 - 2 pm ET
With John Pyle
In addition to our webinars, don't forget that Super 1 Day Photo Workshops start next week! For two weeks (10/6-10/20), dozens of studios will open their doors and host classes on a vast array of subjects, from posing and lighting to effective business practices. Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity to learn from some of the best photographers in the world!
PPA closes out its "school year" with the final CPP Prep Class and Business Workshop of 2014. There's still time to register for both and end your year with a bang.
Business Basics Workshop
November 15-16, 2014 in Atlanta
In this two day business workshop for portrait and senior photographers, Jen Basford, Cr.Photog., gives hands on advice on how evaluate your business strengths, develop a profitable pricing structure and use proven marketing ideas to bring more clients to your door.
Certification Prep Classes
November 3-5, 2014 in Atlanta
Thinking about taking the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) exam? We're offering this class to help you pass the exam and learn tons of additional information about the how to effectively run a photography business.
Here at PPA we realize that while you love the art of photography and the process of taking beautiful pictures, and there are probably certain aspects of your business that you do not enjoy. The selling and marketing process, the uncertainty in discovering your niche as a photographer--the list goes on. This webinar is here to tell you that everything is going to be okay! We feel that the best way to learn is by doing and the only thing we can do is confront those doubts and formulate a practical solution to our problems. Take the next step today and register for this impactful class!
Take control of your business with Lynda and improve your bottom line, for free, on September 23 at 2 PM (ET). Register Now!
Mark the Date! On October 7, 2014, at 2 p.m. world-renowned portrait photographer, Jeff Lubin,
M.Photog.Cr., will present a FREE live webinar, Finding Your Missing Pieces for Profitability in Photography, during which he will review actual studios and provide tangible methods through which they can be more successful. And guess what? Yours could be one of them!
Looking to upgrade your offerings? Improve your lighting capacity? EARN MORE MONEY?! Then get involved.
If you are interested in having your studio featured in the webinar, please complete these questions and forward them to email@example.com!
- How long have you been a professional photographer?
- Do you consider yourself new, proficient or advanced?
- Do you have an additional source of income beyond photography (another job, savings, working partner, etc.)?
- How would you categorize your business (portraits, weddings, commercial)?
- Which styles of photography are most appealing to you?
- Do you have trouble making your overhead most months?
- What has been your most successful form of income from your studio?
- Have you noticed big changes in your business recently, and what do you attribute that to?
- How do most of your clients view you? (top pro, new photographer, etc.)
- What do you think is your biggest weakness that you need to overcome?
- What would you like to focus on changing this year?
- In which areas would you like to learn most?
- Would you prefer a one, two or three day workshop?
- Which camera system do you use?
- What type of lighting equipment do you own?
- If you don't currently do studio lighting, would you be interested in learning?
- Do you have a studio and if so, is it commercial or in your home?
- What are your goals in photography for your future?