- MYTH #1: It's "mystifying" why congress would prefer a Presidentially appointed Register of Copyrights to one appointed by the Librarian of Congress.
- MYTH #2: A Presidentially appointed Register will become "more concerned with policy than modernization".
- MYTH #3: This bill is an attempt to take power away from Dr. Hayden and give it to President Trump.
- MYTH #4: Making the Register a Presidential appointee will politicize the position.
- MYTH #5: There isn't time to wait for a presidential appointee. A "new and qualified" Register must be appointed right away.
- MYTH #6: A 10-year term would make the Register "less accountable to Congress and the public."
Copyright Alliance Busts Myths About HR 1695! - PPA Today
Copyright Alliance Busts Myths About HR 1695!
PPA's partners at the Copyright Alliance have put together a great blog post, giving a counterpoint to misconceptions about HR 1695. Read and share now!
The myths are:
After you dig deeper into these myths and the reasons they're just that, be sure to have everyone you know lend their voice in support of HR 1695! Use PPA's pre-written messages and call or write your representative.