Professional Photographer magazine, the official magazine of Professional Photographers of America (PPA), received eight â€œGAMMAâ€ awards from the Magazine Association of the Southeast (MAGS) on May 6, 2008.
With seven gold awards and one silver award in a competition that recognizes editorial and design excellence in magazine publishing, Professional Photographer continues to shine. Of special note is their first place in General Excellence, awarded to the magazine with the best overall packaging, content selection, writing, and reporting, as well as design and illustration.
For 100 years, Professional Photographer has striven to help readers excel in the photographic industry through innovative reporting on the artistic, business, and technological sides of photography. And the magazine seems to have personified that excellence with the its GAMMA Awards.
2008 GAMMA RESULTS
- General Excellence
- Best Series: â€œCelebrating 100 Years of Professional Photographerâ€ (Dec. 2007)
- Best Feature: â€œHair of the Dog: Pet photographyâ€ by Stephanie Boozer (July 2007)
- Best Profile: â€œLife in Balanceâ€ Gregory Heisler profile by Jeff Kent (Jan. 2007)
- Best Service Journalism: Marketing to Women package (May 2007) â€“ â€œSoft Powerâ€ by Lorna Gentry & â€œWhat Women Wantâ€ by Ann Monteith
- Best Cover: Jan. 2007 â€“ Photography by Gregory Heisler
- Best Photography: â€œDestination: Weddingsâ€ â€“ Photography by Susan Stripling (March 2007)
- Best Photography: â€œBon AppÃ©titâ€ â€“ Photography by Sara Remington (Feb. 2007)
Professional Photographer, the official magazine of Professional Photographers of America, has helped readers advance careers in the photographic industry for over 100 years. Each issue contains practical yet cutting-edge lessons in the artistic, business, and technological aspects of professional photography. No other magazine offers a more influential presentation of the people, trends, products, and photographs changing and defining the portrait, wedding and commercial photography landscape. For more information, visit www.ppmag.com.
MAGS, the Magazine Association of the Southeast, is a professional organization of individuals, corporations and associates involved in the publishing industry in the Southeast. Founded in 1988, it promotes awareness of the value of magazines to the public, improves their quality by sharing knowledge and resources, and maintains high ethical standards in the industry. For more information, visit www.magsoutheast.org