"These funds will go a long way toward meeting our 2012 goal of raising $100,000 for this wonderful organization," says PPA Charities President Mary Fisk-Taylor. As of August 1, PPA Charities' 2012 fundraising total stands at $72,180.
Let's put that in perspective. What does this money actually mean? Because Operation Smile's medical professionals and support staff volunteer their services, it costs only $240 to provide a simple cleft lip surgery to a child in desperate need. In other words, the funds raised by PPA members so far in 2012 mean that over 300 smiles will be saved! Now THAT's something to smile about.
Celebrating Smiles Now & Next Year
The 2012 Celebration of Smiles Day promotion offered consumers a mini session and a 5x7 professional portrait in exchange for a donation to Operation Smile of only $24. So for every 10 sessions photographed by a participating studio, another smile could be saved by the volunteer professionals of Operation Smile. The official date for the event was April 21, but studios that had commitments on that date were allowed to conduct the fundraiser on alternate dates in April or May.
Next year's Celebration of Smiles Day is scheduled for April 6, 2013. PPA members who participated this year will automatically receive information about the 2013 fundraiser. Others who would like to participate in 2013 should email PPA Charities Executive Director Bert Behnke.
Now, before you jump to the next news bite, join us in a big round of applause for PPA Charities and all the kindhearted PPA photographers who participated in the 2012 event. Top donors were Ryan & Erica Manthey of Pure 7 Studios in Florida, who contributed a whopping $3,813. In addition, the following Top 20 donors contributed between $1,440 and $600:
- Ryan & Erica Manthey - Pure 7 Studios, Miramar Beach, FL
- Laurie Weaver - Treetales Photography, Austin, TX
- Tara Olsen - Tara Rochelle Photography, Santa Clarita, CA
- Jeff Ebert - Ebert Studio, Oak Park, IL
- Susan Hoermann - Evergreen Studios, Austin, TX
- Vicki Hultsman - Seasons Photography, Rice Lake, WI
- Krish & Mark Kiefer - VIP Gallery, Waconia, MN
- Zaida D. Parkes - Parkes Photography, Stratford, CT
- Meredith Wilcke - Meredith Wilcke Photography, Winter Park, FL
- Lauren Vicars - Portraits by Lauren, Plano, TX
- Wendy Waddell - Wendy Waddell Photography, Marina del Rey, CA
- Tanya Boggs - 255 St. Phillip St., Charleston, SC
- Damian Battinelli - Damian Battinelli Photography, Plattsburg, NY
- Charlotte Bowles - CLB Photography, S. Attleboro, MA
- Larry Lourcey - Lourcey Photography, Plano, TX
- Clark Sanders - Clark Sanders Photography, Inc., Cherokee Village, AR
- Courtney Trembler - Soul Focus Photography, Salem, MA
- Paul & Julie Wood - Paul Wood Photography, Slidell, LA
- Meggan Harper - Meggan Harper Photography, Ormond Beach, FL
- Melanie Anderson - Anderson Photographs, Hagerstown, MD
- Trusa Patel - Luce Photography, Southlake, TX
PPA Chairman of the Board Don Dixon and his wife, Charlcey, show their support for PPA Charities' Celebration of Smiles Day.