PPA Today: Photography Marketing Archives
Recently in Photography Marketing Category
Your client's four-legged best friend has a personality and style of their own. They know it by heart, but can they articulate it to others ... say, you, the photographer who will be shooting lasting pictures of their pet? PPA's See The Difference® resources include a fun, shareable quiz, "How is Your Pet's Personality Captured in Photos?" that can help steer them in that direction!
See The Difference is an online, print and social media consumer awareness campaign that aims to help consumers see the difference when evaluating photographers. It was developed for professional photographers by professional photographers and those who are PPA members get access to these FREE marketing tools including shareable videos, customizable brochures, logos, side-by-side comparisons, dedicated landing pages and consumer tips/FAQs.
With the Pet Quiz, your clients can find out, for instance, if their dog is a "Diva" or "Down-to-Earth" and just looks that way. But "pet personality" isn't the only See The Difference® quiz for consumers to try out! You can share quizzes based on Family ("What's Your Family's Style?"), Wedding ("What's Your Bridal Style?"), and High School Seniors ("Will Your Senior Photo Capture the Real You?"). They're all designed to help promote PPA members' value as a professional and better serve their clients.
Go ahead and use these tools or share these quizzes because it is only by exposing consumers to professional grade work that they will learn to see the difference and value professional photography. For more information on how YOU can link to the See The Difference® quizzes from your website, visit PPA.com/SalesTools.
Sarah Ackerman is known around PPA as #Sarah in part because she handles all things social media and in order to differentiate herself from the other Sarah's in the office. Sarah loves improv comedy (think "Whose Line") and routinely performs with Witless Protection around the Atlanta area and at Dad's Garage Theatre Company. When she's not tweeting/instagramming/facebooking all of the action at PPA, she can be found gallivanting around the world or wandering around the woods with her pup, but more than likely she's on stage making people giggle.
- Behind the scenes: Editing images, clients getting ready, some (appropriate) office jokes, new props or backdrops, anything that would make you (and your company) stand apart from the other guys in town.
- Sneak peeks: The images don't need to be perfect, but once a first round of edits have been done, post your favorite images from past sessions and tag your clients! This can be done on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (or Instagram it and share it on Twitter and Facebook for even larger reach).
- Community involvement: If you do charity work or teach classes, share why you do it and what you get out of it. And of course, snap some quick pictures to share!
- Staff highlights: If you have other photographers, interns or anyone else that's around, do some quick interviews to help your public get to know everyone better (this includes yourself)! People like to do business with people they like and are familiar with. Social media is an easy way to earn interest and more love from your audience.
- Session tips: Give pointers on what to wear (or better yet, what not to wear), makeup and hair tips, smiling pointers and anything else that you think would make your clients feel more comfortable in front of your camera.