SEO Series Part 3: Audience Engagement: The True Art of SEO...for Photographers!
Audience engagement, although difficult to define, is one of the core aspects of quality search engine optimization. Through authentically and legitimately engaging with your audience, a SMB (small and medium-sized business) can naturally build trust with the search engines that will directly impact domain authority and visibility in SERPs.
- Key premise of SEO: Be present where your audience is!
- Understanding the goals of audience engagement: Not always a conversion item!
- How do you identify where your audience is online?
- Advanced search queries
- Social media
- Competitive analysis
- Blogrolls/Blog networks
- Actual customers!
- Display network
- Blog commenting (ego boost for the authors)
- Offline events
- Tips for connecting with your audience
- Be personal, authentic marketing is like dating: you build a relationship over time
- If you can help it, don’t ask for anything in return
- Put a human face to your brand (not just a generic brand page)
- Leverage existing audience
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Duration: 0:56:41 Expand video to full screen for best view.
Brett Snyder is the Director of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) at Nebo, a web design and interactive marketing agency in West Midtown, Atlanta. Brett began his digital marketing career working with SPEEDO USA during the Summer Olympics and has been in love with the world of SEO ever since. As the Director of SEO at Nebo, Brett is responsible for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of search engine optimization campaigns. Over the course of his career, Brett has worked with all manners of businesses from large B2B brands to local Mom & Pop ecommerce shops to help them leverage the incredible opportunity that search engines have provided to connect businesses with their target audience.