Equipment Essentials: What Wedding Photographers Need
So you’re the wedding photographer, and the big day is fast approaching. Before you lace up your shoes, throw your camera on your shoulder and head out to the church, HALT! As a professional and a critical role player in the wedding day, you need to look and act the part. Do you have your act together?
In this class, PPA wedding expert and instructor Bry Cox walks you step-by-step through everything you need, down to the tips of your shoes –and what shoes they should be!
With Bry, you’ll learn important tricks of the trade like…
- What to wear - If you’re thinking about your neon high-tops or your shimmery vest, think again. Bry shows you the wardrobe that works best.
- What to bring - No one comes empty-handed to a wedding, especially the photographer. Aside from your camera, what do you bring? Do you have a checklist? Do you need a backup camera? What about lenses, batteries or memory cards? Lighting equipment? Don’t panic! Bry gets you organized!
- Time management - The bride can be late, but not you! Learn appropriate time management to get the job done right.
- Your backup plan - Should you back up your cards? If so, when and how? What if you’re traveling? Bry tells you everything you need to know, whether you’re shooting wedding in town or Timbuktu.
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Duration: 0:25:03 Expand video to full screen for best view.
Bry Cox is a PPA Master/Craftsman with PPA Certification, an Adobe software Partner, and NIK software partner. For over a decade, he has taught workshops to professional photographers all over the US and Canada, and many places in China as well. He has created many tools for photographers including Photoshop tools, tutorial DVDs, and three self-help books which have had rave reviews.
Bry Cox’s images are used by Capitol Records, CMT, ads for Fuji Film, ads for PocketWizard, and for covers/national magazines like Billboard, TV Guide, American Photo, Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, American Girl, and photography magazines in China and Canada. His images are used by VIPs, filmmakers, TV anchors, musicians and other prominent people like LeAnne Rimes, Natalie Cole, Olivia Newton-John, Ryan Shupe, Donny and Marie Osmond, Kenny Loggins, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Forbes, Mitt Romney, and the last four Utah Governors!
Short list of image awards:
• Gold Medal Winner out of 25,000 International Photographers
• Master Photographer of the Year, and Photographer of the Year many times state and nationally
• 8 Time Winner of the Fuji Masterpiece Award
• 6 Time Winner of the Kodak Gallery Award
• A PPA Master/Craftsman many times over.
Bry’s workshops are a good combination of business principals juxtaposed with the creative aspects of a successful artist.