Posing Seniors: Getting the Right Look for Boys
Every parent wants to capture that moment when their little boy has grown into a man; however, this isn’t always a high priority for the son! In this video, instructor Bry Cox shows you how to make this photo shoot a success…for the parents, the son and your studio!
Using a live model, Bry demonstrates and discusses the key elements of the shoot, from the lighting and metering to…
- What poses to use – Sitting, standing or kneeling, you’re aiming for masculinity.
- Variety is the spice of life – Learn how to adapt your poses for formal and casual background and wardrobe changes.
- How to make props work successfully.
- Details, details, details – your job is to manage those details, bring them out and make sure they look good.
While his answers may be monosyllabic and his face doesn’t crack a smile at the beginning, Bry will show you how to engage your guy so that the photo shoot is a senior success for everyone involved!
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Duration: 0:56:04 Expand video to full screen for best view.
Bry Cox is a PPA Master/Craftsman with PPA Certification, an Adobe software Partner, and NIK software partner. For over a decade, he has taught workshops to professional photographers all over the US and Canada, and many places in China as well. He has created many tools for photographers including Photoshop tools, tutorial DVDs, and three self-help books which have had rave reviews.
Bry Cox’s images are used by Capitol Records, CMT, ads for Fuji Film, ads for PocketWizard, and for covers/national magazines like Billboard, TV Guide, American Photo, Professional Photographer, Rangefinder, American Girl, and photography magazines in China and Canada. His images are used by VIPs, filmmakers, TV anchors, musicians and other prominent people like LeAnne Rimes, Natalie Cole, Olivia Newton-John, Ryan Shupe, Donny and Marie Osmond, Kenny Loggins, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Forbes, Mitt Romney, and the last four Utah Governors!
Short list of image awards:
• Gold Medal Winner out of 25,000 International Photographers
• Master Photographer of the Year, and Photographer of the Year many times state and nationally
• 8 Time Winner of the Fuji Masterpiece Award
• 6 Time Winner of the Kodak Gallery Award
• A PPA Master/Craftsman many times over.
Bry’s workshops are a good combination of business principals juxtaposed with the creative aspects of a successful artist.