Posing for Two: Part 2
In the first of this two-part series, instructor Drake Busath addressed posing for couples. Now, he tackles the real challenge: brothers and sisters!
Many a photographer, at some point, gets asked to shoot a precious pair of siblings. As sweet as Mom and Dad may think their kids are, kids usually won’t turn on the charm in this situation unless the photographer knows what he (or she) is doing! Drake tells you how to pose them to bring out the best and, in some cases, even get them to touch one another! Follow along with his tips and demo, and you’ll learn…
- How to position brothers and sisters for standing and sitting poses
- What expressions work and how you get them
- The variety of images you should shoot
- How to pull off “The Great Reveal” to Mom and Dad…and what images they typically love
Once again, you’ll see the real deal during this video class as Drake uses live models to demonstrate. When you’re finished, you’ll have little Joey and Sarah lining up to be repeat customers!
We value your feedback and want to know how we can improve. Please share your thoughts about the class here.
Duration: 0:38:16 Expand video to full screen for best view.
Drake Busath says he “grew up in a darkroom” as a second generation photographer. He now owns Busath Studio and Gardens, a vibrant portrait business with five photographers, three of which hold Masters Degrees from Professional Photographers of America.
His portraits have been the subject of numerous articles in photographic journals, three times on the cover of Professional Photographer Magazine. Drake has taught portraiture to professional photographers world wide, from Australia and Asia, to Europe and in 35 U.S. states. He’s been a regular platform speaker at Imaging USA.
Since 1999 Drake has also operated ItalyWorkshops.com, a photographic village-tour in Italy. Hundreds of photographers have attended what Drake calls a “personal renaissance” in Tuscany, Umbria, Liguria Coast, Venice, the Lakes District and Val d’Aosta, all regions in northern Italy where he has lived and worked.
- Masters and Craftsman Degrees from Professional Photographers of America
- Charter member of XXV, a society of Photographers world wide
- Numerous Loan Collection (PPA) honors
- Exhibited in Epcot and the Photographic Hall of Fame
- Best of State 2010, 2011, 2012 for Photographic Portraiture in Utah
- PPA National Award
Drake and his wife Liz are based in Salt Lake City. Two sons, Richard and Bromley Busath currently manage the portrait business.