PPA Webinar :: SEO & Social for Photographers: A Match Made in Heaven
SEO & Social for Photographers: A Match Made in Heaven
Part 4 of the SEO Webinar Series
November 19, 2013 – 2 p.m. ET
With Brett Snyder
Skill Level(s): All
FREE for PPA Members and Non-members
Call 800-786-6277 to register.
Members and PPAedu subscribers can replay part 1, part 2 and part 3 of the series:
The Pitfalls of SEO
Audience Engagement: The True Art of SEO...for Photographers!
Search engines are continuously evaluating emerging signals across the web to determine relevance. As the web is becoming an increasingly social place, understanding the balance of SEO and social media (SM) is important for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) to know how to prioritize time and resources.
SEO is being redefined; what was once "search engine optimization" is evolving into "inbound marketing"
- Indicates a shift in the landscape, signals are no longer independent
- Embrace the inter-connectivity of the web to accomplish your business goals
Social media has yet to have any proven, causation relationship with organic SEO listings; however, this is not
- Causation vs. Correlation
- We want to look at social media as a more intimate way to engage with your audience to help drive signals that have a more causal effect on rankings.
Overview of SE relationships w/ SM networks:
- Bing & Facebook…Facebook & Instagram
- Google & Google+
- What these have in common is they are very image-focused
Best practices for social are the same as SEO: Be human
Use different social networks to connect with different subsets of your audience; the audience is choosing to connect with you on these networks for a reason so identify what that reason is and learn how to take advantage of it.
- Twitter lists
- Google+ circles
Tie your social activity back to the website wherever possible; you want the business website to benefit so bring things back to the site. Examples:
- Excerpts from couple shoots, include a blog post with an overview of their “story”
- Most popular images on Pinterest, create a storyboard that collects them under one theme (think like Buzzfeed)
- Social media contests
- Provide more information on the website and ask for users to subscribe to your email list to participate
- Crowdsourced content based on your followers SM activity
Monitor social mentions to see what your audience pain points are; people use SM as an outlet to vent frustrations. Monitor key terms on social to know how to cater your website content to rank for related queries.
- Also consider reputation management
Brett Snyder is the Director of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) at Nebo, a web design and interactive marketing agency in West Midtown, Atlanta. Brett began his digital marketing career working with SPEEDO USA during the Summer Olympics and has been in love with the world of SEO ever since. As the Director of SEO at Nebo, Brett is responsible for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of search engine optimization campaigns. Over the course of his career, Brett has worked with all manners of businesses from large B2B brands to local Mom & Pop ecommerce shops to help them leverage the incredible opportunity that search engines have provided to connect businesses with their target audience.
You connect with find him on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+.