Super One Day FAQs
- What is Super One Day?
- How does Super One Day Work?
- How can I register to attend a Super One Day Class?
- Do PPA members receive merits for instructing or attending a class?
- What if I have questions about a specific class?
- Since these are all day classes, will food or beverages be provided?
- Can anyone attend a Super One Day class, or do I have to be a PPA member?
- What is PPA's class Cancellation Policy?
- How many Super One Day Programs can an individual instructor teach?
- How are Super One Day classes promoted?
- What is the date for Super One Day, Fall 2013?
Super One Day is a two-week event that builds the photographic and business skills of professional photographers. Classes are taught by photographers who host seminars in their studios (or other locations), with the proceeds going to support PPA educational projects. These one-day programs focus on sharing knowledge on topics ranging from lighting, posing and imaging to business, marketing and sales.
Programs are limited to a maximum of two instructors who determine the program topic, format and class size. Classes are expected to be a full day (6.5 hours), so that merits can be awarded to both attendees and instructors. The published class time is 9am – 5pm, unless the instructor notifies PPA of different times consistent with the time period. In addition, all Super One Day classes are held between the published dates, May 5 -19, 2014, unless the instructor chooses to hold it a day or two before or after.
PPA will handle all aspects of Super One Day registration and follow up. We send confirmation letters with class information to all pre-registered attendees. We also will provide Instructor Packets the week prior to the class, including a class list, student evaluation forms, instructor evaluation forms, on-site registration material and merit request forms.
There are three easy ways to register:
- ONLINE: Register online between March 5, 2014 and April 30, 2014.
- BY PHONE: Call our PPA Customer Service Center at 1-800-786-6277 to register by phone until April 30, 2014.
- ONSITE: All registrations after April 30, 2014 must be completed onsite (in-person) for $120. Please contact the instructor prior to attending to ensure there is space available.
Yes, attendees will receive one merit for attending a full day class. Merit points will be entered on your record. Instructors receive two merits for teaching a full day class. In order to receive speaking merits for the class, the workshop must be held with at least one attendee.
Feel free to contact the instructor directly. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Please contact your instructor directly in regards to lunch, snack and beverage options. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Spring 2014 registration cancellations made by April 18, 2014 before 5:00pmET will receive a refund minus a $25 administration fee. There are no refunds after that date. There is a $20 service fee for all returned checks.
It’s a collaborative effort between PPA and our Instructors. PPA will promote Super One Day programs through our social networks, in Professional Photographer magazine and on www.ppa.com. Check out your favorite photographer’s media site: Facebook, Blogs, Email, etc., to see if they are participating!