Super Monday FAQs
- What is Super Monday?
- How does Super Monday Work?
- How can I register to attend a Super Monday Class?
- Do PPA members receive merits for instructing or attending a class?
- What if I have questions about a specific class?
- Since these are all day classes, will food or beverages be provided?
- Can anyone attend a Super Monday class, or do I have to be a PPA member?
- What is PPA's class Cancellation Policy?
- How many Super Monday Programs can an individual instructor teach?
- How are Super Monday classes promoted?
- What is the date for Super Monday, Fall 2013?
Super Monday is a one-day fundraising event that builds the photographic and business skills of professional photographers. Classes are taught by photographers who host seminars in their studios (or other locations), with the proceeds going to support PPA educational projects. These one-day programs focus on sharing knowledge on topics ranging from lighting, posing and imaging to business, marketing and sales.
Programs are limited to a maximum of two instructors who determine the program topic, format and class size. Classes are expected to be a full day (6.5 hours), so that merits can be awarded to both attendees and instructors. The published class time is 9am – 5pm, unless the instructor notifies PPA of different times consistent with the time period. In addition, all Super Monday classes are held on the same published day, October 14, 2013, unless the instructor chooses to hold it a day or two before or after.
PPA will handle all aspects of Super Monday registration and follow up. For instance, we send confirmation letters with class information to all pre-registered attendees. We also will provide Instructor Packets the week prior to the class, including a class list, student evaluation forms, instructor evaluation forms, on-site registration material and merit request forms.
There are three easy ways to register:
- ONLINE: Register online between August 2, 2013 and October 2, 2013.
- BY PHONE: Call our PPA Customer Service Center at 1-800-786-6277 to register by phone until October 2, 2013.
- ONSITE: All registrations after October 2, 2013 must be completed onsite (in-person) for $120. Please contact the instructor prior to attending to ensure there is space available.
Yes, attendees will receive one merit for attending a full day class. Merit points will be entered on your record. Instructors receive two merits for teaching a full day class.
Feel free to contact the instructor directly. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Please contact your instructor directly in regards to lunch, snack and beverage options. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Fall 2013 registration cancellations made by September 22, 2013 before 5:00pmET will receive a refund minus a $25 administration fee. There are no refunds after that date. There is a $20 service fee for all returned checks.
It’s a collaborative effort between PPA and our Instructors. PPA will promote Super Monday programs in Professional Photographer magazine and on www.ppa.com. Check out your favorite photographer’s media site: Facebook, Blogs, Email, etc., to see if they are participating!