Super 1 Day FAQs
- What is Super 1 Day?
- How does Super 1 Day Work?
- How can I register to attend a Super 1 Day Class?
- Do PPA members receive merits for instructing or attending a class?
- What if I have questions about a specific class?
- Since these are all day classes, will food or beverages be provided?
- Can anyone attend a Super 1 Day class, or do I have to be a PPA member?
- What is PPA's class Cancellation Policy?
- How many Super 1 Day Programs can an individual instructor teach?
- How are Super 1 Day classes promoted?
- What is the date for Super 1 Day, Fall 2017?
- Why isn't there a Super 1 Day class in every state?
- I missed the online registration, is there another way I can still participate?
Super 1 Day is a two-week event that builds the photographic and business skills of professional photographers. Classes are taught by photographers who host seminars in their studios (or other locations), with the proceeds going to support PPA educational projects. These one-day programs focus on sharing knowledge on topics ranging from lighting, posing and imaging to business, marketing and sales.
Programs are limited to a maximum of two instructors who determine the program topic, format and class size. Classes are expected to be a full day (6.5 hours), so that merits can be awarded to both attendees and instructors. The published class time is 9am – 5pm, unless the instructor notifies PPA of different times consistent with the time period. In addition, all Super 1 Day classes are held between the published dates, May 7-21, 2018.
PPA will handle all aspects of Super 1 Day registration and follow up. We send confirmation letters with class information to all pre-registered attendees. We also will provide Instructor Packets the week prior to the class, including a class list, student evaluation forms, instructor evaluation forms, on-site registration material and merit request forms.
There are three easy ways to register:
- ONLINE: Register online between March 5, 2018 and April 30, 2018.
- BY PHONE: Call our PPA Customer Service Center at 1-800-786-6277 to register by phone until September 28, 2017.
- ONSITE: All registrations after April 30, 2018 must be completed onsite (in-person) for $120. Please contact the instructor prior to attending to ensure there is space available.
Yes, attendees will receive one merit for attending a full day class. Merit points will be entered on your record. Instructors receive two merits for teaching a full day class. In order to receive speaking merits for the class, the workshop must be held with at least one attendee.
Feel free to contact the instructor directly. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Please contact your instructor directly in regards to lunch, snack and beverage options. Their phone and e-mail contact information is included with the class descriptions.
Spring 2018 registration cancellations made by April 23, 2018 before 5:00pmET will receive a refund minus a $25 administration fee. There are no refunds after that date. There is a $20 service fee for all returned checks.
It’s a collaborative effort between PPA and our Instructors. PPA will promote Super 1 Day programs through our social networks, in Professional Photographer magazine and on www.ppa.com. Check out your favorite photographer’s media site: Facebook, Blogs, Email, etc., to see if they are participating!
A goal for PPA is to have a Super 1 Day class in every state! However, Super 1 Day is fundamentally a peer-to-peer education environment, we rely on the professional photographers who volunteer to teach a class. As a result, there unfortunately may be areas in which Super 1 Day classes are unavailable as there have been no volunteers to teach in that area. But PPA is ALWAYS looking to expand further, and invite the pros in our membership to share their knowledge by teaching a class! As our membership is over 30,000 strong, spanning all 50 states (and 54 countries), it would be a dream to have classes as far as we can reach, so that we can keep elevating the industry and the pros within it!
YES, Register onsite!
What you need to do:
- Contact the instructor of the class you'd like to attend and see if they have available slots.
- Show up the day of a few minutes before the class begins and fill out a registration form, your instructor will have them there.
- Bring $120 for payment, this method can be through credit card, check, or cash!
(If you decide to write a check, please make it out to PPA, subject line: Super 1 Day Spring 2018)