Certification Preparation Class
Upcoming Certification Prep Class(es)
Certification Preparation Class
July 15-17, 2013
Location: PPA Headquarters Atlanta, Georgia (Google map)
Hotel: Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown
Remember to reserve your room by June 25 for best rates/availabilities.
PPA Members receive 2 merits for attending.
What is Certification?
Planning to take the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) exam? Before you do, why not take this 3-day intensive class, covering all the technical topics on the exam? You'll gain a better technical knowledge of photography, which probably means a more peaceful sleep before the exam!
This Certification Prep Class isn't for the faint of heart– it's an in-depth study of the technical side of photography almost equivalent to a semester of college! You'll work hard and study hard, but you'll also walk away a more polished, knowledgeable, confident professional. Topics include:
- The Inverse Square Law, Filter Factors, Bellows Factor
- Lenses and Filters
- Color Theory and H&D Curves
- Lighting Ratios, Corrective Lighting and Posing, Depth of Field, Angle of View
- The Zone System (and how it helps you understand the digital histogram)
- Difference between a Bit, a Byte and Bit Depth
- And much more – You can even choose to take the CPP exam* directly after the class while the information is fresh in your mind!
See why we say it's tough work but worth it? Register today to cram for your exam!
*Taking the CPP exam directly after this class is optional. But if you wish to take it, you must first declare your CPP candidacy and register for that exam. Complete details on taking the CPP exam can be found here: CertifiedPhotographer.com/cpp-certification/get-certified/
Certification Image Submission Preparation Class
July 18, 2013
Location: PPA Headquarters Atlanta, Georgia
Nervous about the Image Submission? We added a brand new optional fourth day of the prep class dedicated to the Image Submission. During this time you will review the criteria for submitting images, view sample images and get tips on how to build your image submission portfolio. You definitely do not want to miss this!
Reserve Your Room
- Reservations: Call 404-589-9680; Say, "I want to make a reservation into a group block." Your Group Code is PHOT.
*If you receive a voice mail, please leave a message and you will be contacted immediately.
- Room Rate: Your special rate: $149.00/night plus 16% tax/Single, $10.00 per extra person (maximum of 4 per room)
- Parking: $18.00 Daily (in and out privileges)
- Cancellation: 72 hours prior to arrival or forfeit one night room/tax
To learn more about the Certified Professional Photographer Program, visit www.certifiedphotographer.com.
|What is Certification?
The Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) program is recognized throughout the industry as a mark of excellence. Certification assures others of a photographer's knowledge, experience and continuance to develop new skills and techniques. It is a declaration of your professional competence!
|Why be a Certified Professional Photographer?
Studies show that certification is the most widely recognized consumer credential—it is a sign that one is an authority in the field. Consumers may not know a lot about professional photography, but they know that certification should ensure professional-quality goods and services.
|Why take your Certification Class through PPA?
Taught by top industry professionals, our prep classes give you the education to help pass the test and learn additional aspects of the photography business. You will receive personal insights on your technical and artistic competency, the CPP image submissions and the business of photography.