Did you Know?! PhotoVision is Now a Full Membership Benefit!
PhotoVision is now part of PPA! To access the videos, visit PPA.com/PhotoVision. With 800+ videos available to stream 24/7 in the PhotoVision library, there's something for everyone!
As liaisons, you may want to check out the videos to see if any would be beneficial to candidates you are mentoring.
CPP Liaison Meeting – The Recap
Thanks to the many Liaisons who attended the CPP Liaison Meeting at Imaging USA in February! It was great to see some familiar faces and meet many of you for the first time. For those of you who were unable to attend, here's a brief recap:
- Exam Registrant Notifications: Liaisons will now receive email notifications when a candidate registers for the exam. As soon as a candidate registers, you will receive an email with their name and contact information. Now you will know how many candidates to expect well in advance!
- Liaison PowerPoint: Please review the 2015 CPP Liaison PowerPoint for a quick reminder of your responsibilities as a Liaison and for a refresher on the CPP process.
- Materials Request: As a Liaison we encourage you to get out and promote Certification within your city, state and region. To help you in this effort we are happy to send you informational flyers about the CPP program. To request CPP materials please email Cassidy Hoffman, certification coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, remember you have access to the CPP Informational PowerPoint and downloadable videos online! You can access them in the CPP Liaison Toolkit!
Scam Alert Reminder
Cyber-bullies Target Your Online Reputation!
Heads up out there! There's a scam going around trying to get you photographers to bite on eliminating bad reviews... that the scammers themselves have posted! Read up to get in the know on this and help spread the word!
Communication with CPP Candidates
As part of being a Liaison, you agree to be accessible to CPP candidates in order to assist them through the entire Certification process. Candidates may contact you for a variety of reasons, from scheduling an exam to assistance with their portfolios.
Here are some best practices to follow when you are contacted by a CPP Candidate:
- Respond within 24 hours
- Be friendly and encouraging! Many candidates are nervous and would love to have a mentor help them along the way.
- If a candidate is looking to schedule an exam, try your best to work with their schedule within a timely manner. If this is not possible, let them know they may take the exam with a volunteer proctor; they can contact CPPmailbox@ppa.com for assistance.
- If a candidate has portfolio questions, give constructive critiques. It is best to avoid giving an opinion as to whether an image will pass or fail the Image Submission.
- Be available for a follow-up with candidates after they take the exam or submit their images for review.
- If you have questions, please contact the certification staff at CPPmailbox@ppa.com. We are more than happy to assist you!
See The Difference Campaign for CPPs!
PPA's See The Difference campaign will help your clients understand the value in hiring a PPA photographer and... There are even CPP-specific resources!
You will find the CPP-specific resources on PPA.com. Log in to access:
- a video that you can share on your website or social media
- a customizable brochure template
- web landing page, logo graphics and more
You can even share this information with potential candidates who want to know how they can benefit from obtaining their designation.
It's Photographic Competition Season!
District competitions are coming to a close, with just the Western and Southeast judgings left in 2015. There's still time to submit your images, if you haven't already!
IPC Entries Open May 26
Gear up for the International Photographic Competition! Entries open May 26. Download the rules and get your images ready now. And don't forget, if you earned a seal of approval in your district competition, you still need to submit your image to the IPC to earn your PPA merit.
Judges Workshop, August 2-6
Interested in learning what it takes to be an IPC Judge? You can explore the ins and outs of photographic competition in the IPC Judges Workshop this August.
Have any CPP Stories or Tips to Share?
Have you done something noteworthy to promote, educate and/or encourage your peers about certification? Let us know! We are always looking for ways to help CPPs gain visibility, so please connect with Julia Boyd, director of certification at PPA to share your story. You can email Julia at jboyd@PPA.com or call 404.522.8600 ext. 254.