PPA Kickstart Scholarship Eligibilty and Rules
- Photographer may be a full or part-time photographer and an active member of the association (any membership type).
- Recipients are eligible if they have previously attended a pre-Convention class.
- Year 2 & Beyond: Scholarship will be limited to members who have not previously received a PPA Scholarship.
Applicants may only submit one scholarship application per year. Applications will must be submitted by October 31, 2013 and be evaluated by November 15, 2013. An individual may not receive this scholarship more than once.
PPA will award 4 scholarships ranging from $129 - $299 per award. Scholarships are awarded to the individual member and not the studio. Scholarships may not be transferred to a studio employee or any other member.
Recipient will receive the opportunity to attend one of the following Pre-Convention educational classes at Imaging USA:
- SMS Business Basics Workshop
- Value: $299
- Duration: 2 days
- 1 full day Pre-Convention Workshop
- Value: $129 - $159
- Duration: 1 day
- 1 full day of Hands-On Workshop
- Value: $79 - $159
- Duration: Select up to three 2-hour sessions on a single day.
Travel, meals, and lodging will be at the recipient’s expense.
Applications may be completed online only: www.ppa.com/scholarship2014
Upon notification Recipients ONLY will be asked to complete a secondary profile application to make their course selection and submit a web-ready headshot (600 x 600), and complete an additional questionnaire with the following profile questions:
Scholarship application will be made available the August preceding Imaging USA. Completed application must be received no later than October 31, 2013.
PPA will allow for a two week review period (completed no later than November 15, 2013 prior to IUSA) and judge entrants on the following criteria:
- Desire to attend a pre-convention class.
- Number of years in business.
- Potential effect on studio performance.
- Active membership at the time the scholarship is awarded.
Reviewers will independently select top 4 candidates based on the above criteria to be entered into a random number selector to determine winners. If top 4 candidates all match no “lottery” will be needed.
PPA will notify recipients and non-recipients on or before November 18, 2013 and recipient will have 3 business days to accept scholarship.
If recipient chooses to accept scholarship, he/she must notify PPA and make their class selection by the indicated date to ensure availability. Recipient is expected to make their own room and travel arrangements to ensure attendance at selected seminar or workshop. Recipient will be featured in PPA Today.
If recipient declines scholarship, they must notify PPA and a new scholarship recipient will be selected from the pool of applicants.