Very Impressed

Thread: Very Impressed

Default Very Impressed

This was the first PPA event I have attended in many years. The last one was in Orlando, but I don't remember the year.

Well I just want to say that PPA has come a long way. This event was AWESOME! I especially like how the programs were arranged in "tracks" so that you could easily find what programs would benefit you personally. And I liked how they all started and stopped at the same time. Makes a lot of sense doing it that way.

Probably one of the best things about it was the venue. Having (almost) all the programs and the trade show in the same building and very close by makes all the difference in the world. And having the large assortment of hotels in walking and shuttle distance is also a bonus. I hope they bring this event back to Tampa soon!

And what a perfect time of year to have this in Florida. The only thing that would be more perfect would be to move it one week later so there is time to recover from the holidays.

Having just rejoined this organization in order to attend this event (mainly because I read about the great classes they had slated in the Photoshop/Lightroom track), I am anxious to investigate the other improvements PPA has made over the years.

Hey Marci,
    Nice to see you over here!
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/

Hi Marci,

Glad to have you back! The ppa feel of the convention has definitely changed over the years. I've attended the last 6 years and boy have things changed. Not that the past was bad but we have definitely improved to keep up with the times.

One of the biggest changes I think is the culture. I remember when I first started I felt that I was the youngest (I was 24 then) non-related to an older attendee there. Now the culture is very young and with lot's more ladies.

Like Jack said, it's not Your Daddy's PPA! or something to that effect.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Are you "that" Marci?
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

You know I am Mark

Nice to meet you!
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Mark,
    It was nice to meet you too!

And Thanks Cheri! It was good seeing you and Drew also!