Just how much I learned...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just how much I learned...

First of all I learned as much from those of you that I met as I did from the actual speakers. And I had a blast- thanks Dawn- LOL.... ok, and thanks to everyone else too.

But of course, its only worth it if you put into action. My business partner and I had an "off-site" today to go over everything I learned and all my notes and action items. When we were done she took one look at me and said, "You have to go to next year. Between the renewed enthusiam and all this STUFF you can't not go." AND... more than likely I will be bringing our new sales assistant we hired so that we get a whole new perspective. I am taking her with me to the Marathon workshop in Atlanta in March and when I asked her to go you would have thought she had won the lottery so she may pass out from the excitement of going to Imaging next year. haha.

So.... we have 2.5 pages of action items and tonight I am putting timelines and schedules on them all. I am curious what everyone else does when they come back to make sure they implement "stuff"....

It's a great question, Valerie. We had so many things on our list of cool things to do that we decided to focus on 4. Now, those 4 things are doozies. They're big and they will completely reshape how we do business and with whom. We were completely inspired and have a great vision for our future. We have taken those 4 things, made brainstorming lists of how to accomplish them, and as of this evening, are working to move the bar on those.

And, I agree 100% - I received more 'real world' education from some of my forum buddies than I did from the sessions. You guys ROCK!

*I redesigned my logo to just what I had been wanting; dropped it off at the sign place yesterday.

*Finally determined my 'consistant thing' for branding...it is damask/brocade.

*I spent the day yesterday going through the materials and ideas I picked up.

*Started my new marketing pieces (waiting to finish updating my prices until after the SMS webinars next week).

*Registered with my new album company (finao....love the silk brocade).

*Worked on my critiqued images.

*Started creating my new blog banner with my new logo and to match my new consistant branding.

Whew.....I am sure I am leaving something out.....I have been so amped, I haven't been able to sleep.

Chontell; Imaging has only been over for a day, you got all that done already?

wow.

I too have a list of things to do: I am concentrating on sales and marketing, with print critique thrown in. So I am in the process of revamping my price lists, restructuring everything. I've already remodeled, cleaned or otherwise revamped parts of the studio to make it look....well...richer. I am studying sales techniques, rehearsing, practicing. Working on new images for web site, materials. Getting new packaging, will design an updated logo and then order a new sign and get new stationary, business cards, etc. Need to order a print case for print comp.

Karen Linsley, Cr.Photog., CPP
    www.imageangels.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/ImageAngel...graphyServices
    Now Blogging! http://imageangels.com/blog/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageangel

*sigh* All I've been able to accomplish upon return is put out fires from my overlong escape. The weekend is about here...I may find my hairdryer!

Seriously, I did take copious notes and will be going over them and implementing several ideas gleaned from both classes and after class talk.

A stranger on the elevator, an older, obviously successful photographer commented that if my studio had the design and colors of my scarf (for those of you that saw me that day, the pashmina I had to cling to all day because it wouldn't stay where it belonged), I would definitely be a success. He said those colors and patterns were in most of the successful studios he'd been in.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

For those that didnt see you, what were the colors?

Cat, it was all browntones with gold...I'll try to get an image of it and post a corner.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

hey guys,
    I've learned a lot too. Decided to get into fashion/beauty photography see how I do. Learned a lot from critique, especially for print competition.

The best part...I won Wacom tablet, that survey drawing. hahaha never thought I will win. I got it today, expressed shipped. Believe me, that will be put to a good use.

viktor =)
    Dolyna - Portrait of a Town
    Documentary photo series of a small town in Ukraine.
    Learn more about the project http://kck.st/cA83YV

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Gregory View Post
    A stranger on the elevator, an older, obviously successful photographer commented that if my studio had the design and colors of my scarf (for those of you that saw me that day, the pashmina I had to cling to all day because it wouldn't stay where it belonged), I would definitely be a success. He said those colors and patterns were in most of the successful studios he'd been in.
    Sounds like an awesome photographer pick up line! I'll try that at the next convention!
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Benjamin View Post
    Sounds like an awesome photographer pick up line! I'll try that at the next convention!
    Marc,

We think alike!!!

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.