Texas School.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas School.

Default Texas School.

We it just after 12:01 and I submitted my application for Texas school. I'm hoping to get Gregory & Lesa Daniel's. Is anyone else planning on going this year?

I've been twice before, and I can't wait to go back

c...
    Carsten von Hedemann CPP
    Canon 5D, 10D
    70-28 2.8 L , 70-200 2.8 IS L, 50 1.8
    www.carstensphotography.com
    http://www.carstensphotography.blogspot.com

At 12:01, I clicked the submit button and will be there in April. I'll be taking Tony Corbell's class. The Daniels were my second choice. Hope to see you there!
    Mark Katz, CPP

www.markkatz.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Katz View Post
    At 12:01, I clicked the submit button and will be there in April. I'll be taking Tony Corbell's class. The Daniels were my second choice. Hope to see you there!
    Kewl, I took Tony's class last year. It was great I learned so much!!! You'll have a geat time

c...
    Carsten von Hedemann CPP
    Canon 5D, 10D
    70-28 2.8 L , 70-200 2.8 IS L, 50 1.8
    www.carstensphotography.com
    http://www.carstensphotography.blogspot.com

I registered this morning, too. I put Bry Cox, Hanson Fong, and Don MacGregor on my list.
    Lori Luza
    photography that's just...As You Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Luza View Post
    I registered this morning, too. I put Bry Cox, Hanson Fong, and Don MacGregor on my list.
    I've spent a week with Don MacGregor, if you get in his class you will learn so much. He's an awesome teacher.
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

For those who have been there before, I would love some advice! I looked at the list of classes this morning and am blown away by what is offered at Texas School. This year is my year to master lighting and posing. I want to add more Seniors this year, but need a creative boost and want to feel very confident lighting on location and perfecting posing. Any classes/teachers you alumni would recommend? I pulled probably 6 classes that sound great, but just can't decide. I've seen some of the teachers speak before (Super Monday, WPPI, state convention), but have never been to one of the schools before.

Help!

Heather, if you haven't registered for a class, it is likely too late! Most of the more popular classes fill up within minutes (some, seconds) of midnight...
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

Don't fret just yet. Last year I only booked a class after I got back from IUSA. No problem in getting in. But it wasn't one of the more popular folks (ie. Sandy Puc'). It was Monteith/Walden. It was actually my first choice too! Great class though, like I'm sure all of them are. Just choose 3 that you want to learn from and hope for the best.
    Mark Katz, CPP

www.markkatz.net

Default Who to study with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heather L. Smith View Post
    For those who have been there before, I would love some advice! I looked at the list of classes this morning and am blown away by what is offered at Texas School. This year is my year to master lighting and posing. I want to add more Seniors this year, but need a creative boost and want to feel very confident lighting on location and perfecting posing. Any classes/teachers you alumni would recommend? I pulled probably 6 classes that sound great, but just can't decide. I've seen some of the teachers speak before (Super Monday, WPPI, state convention), but have never been to one of the schools before.

Help!
    Hi Heather;

I looked at who they are having. Under basic I'd suggest "A Week with David Newman" or "Portrait and Wedding Photography" with Doug Box. Under intermediate I'd try for Senior Photography with Larry Peters & Brian Killian.

Default Texas School

Heather,

Texas School will be a great experience for you, I have attend more than 7 Texas Schools. I left you a message on your AM with my cell number and work number.
    Here are some things to ponder.

Of the areas that you want to improve what is your greatest weakness,
    (area you really want to improve in)
    With Seniors for example most of the instructors will cover lighting, posing, marketing etc.

Also one of the neat things is for example if you can't get into someone's class, you can buy their materials, also you will get a listing of who took whom, in each class. There will be time to socialize with a instructor even if you are not in their class.

So many people are their to help you and are willing to share just ask anyone

Call me and lets chat.
    "Images Worth the Wait"

www.waitersphotography.com