C-o-o-o-l-d
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: C-o-o-o-l-d

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    392

    Default C-o-o-o-l-d

    Well...De frost am on de punkin today. Be glad that you aren't coming to Tampa until the weekend. It should be only a little cooler than normal by then.

    Today it's C-O-O-O-L-D, with forcast lows in the 20's.

    Cold air is more dense, and provides more lift when flying my little airplane. It's so cold today that it took off by itself. (And it was still roped to the tie downs)

    ....I gotta move south.
    Last edited by Jack_Reznicki; 01-03-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Language

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Adelstone View Post
    Well...De frost am on de punkin today. Be glad that you aren't coming to Tampa until the weekend. It should be only a little cooler than normal by then.

    Today it's C-O-O-O-L-D, with forcast lows in the 20's.

    Cold air is more dense, and provides more lift when flying my little airplane. It's so cold today that it took off by itself. (And it was still roped to the tie downs)

    ....I gotta move south.
    And that would be Cuba!
    Last edited by Jack_Reznicki; 01-03-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Language in quote
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

    AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    NOAA has -1° for my area on Thursday night.... Your little plane would be flying real high!!
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

    www.donchick.com

  4. #4

    Default

    Leon it's not cold till it has a minus sign in front of it! We predicted to get to about -8 or possibly lower tonight but I've seen worse. The weekend we moved from Minnesota back to Wisconsin 23 years ago it never got above 0 and the lows were around -30 without the wind chill! Now that's cold!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    You think it's cold up there in NH??? Nah, - try 32F and 200% humidity !!!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...


    Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Chick View Post
    NOAA has -1° for my area on Thursday night.... Your little plane would be flying real high!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne LeBouton View Post
    Leon it's not cold till it has a minus sign in front of it! We predicted to get to about -8 or possibly lower tonight but I've seen worse. The weekend we moved from Minnesota back to Wisconsin 23 years ago it never got above 0 and the lows were around -30 without the wind chill! Now that's cold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Massarini View Post
    You think it's cold up there in NH??? Nah, - try 32F and 200% humidity !!!
    This One-upsmanship reminds me of that British comedy group trying to "better" each other as to how poor their family was.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Leon, What are you doing responding to this thread when you should be at the Convention PARTY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...


    Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman


  8. #8

    Default

    We went from below zero last week to 50s this week and a very rare outbreak of tornados Monday in the southern part of Wisconsin. Only the second time in 100 years Wisconsin has had tornados in January. Back to temps in the low 30s and snow today. That's more like it!

  9. #9

    Default

    Left Kansas....in the 50s. Got to Czech Republick....in the 0s and 10s. Got to Tampa...in the 80s. I not only had jetlag, I had weather lag!
    I'm a mess, what do you expect???
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Naples, FL & Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Actually supposed to freeze tonight down here in Naples. 50's here today. Have the plants covered as best I can. Gonna be back into the 70's in a day or so. Look forward to meeting some of the forum regulars in Tampa. I've been taking a break from the DWF and lurking here from time to time of late.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Live Chat is closed