Are threads searchable by our clients?

Default Are threads searchable by our clients?

Hello,

This issue came up in another thread, so I was hoping to find a definitive answer from the powers that be. Are the posts that we make on this forum saerchable on the public internet. That is, do clients searching for my name find these posts? And are they able to read them?

Are they limited to certain boards? For instance, can I post in the member forums without fear?

I believe in being candid amongst peers, but if we should watch our commentary for fear of it hitting the client world, I'd like to understand the facts.

thanks!

- trr

This issue came up in another thread, so I was hoping to find a definitive answer from the powers that be. Are the posts that we make on this forum saerchable on the public internet. That is, do clients searching for my name find these posts? And are they able to read them?
    That shouldn't happen. There were initially some "holes" when OurPPA first opened that allowed clever Googling to find posts by searching member names, but we're pretty sure those holes have all been closed. The administrator even went directly to Google (the company) to remove archived links.

Anyone, however, can register and read the non-member areas, which is why we have the PPA-member-only areas for subjects you are very sensitive about.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by KirkDarling View Post
    Anyone, however, can register and read the non-member areas, which is why we have the PPA-member-only areas for subjects you are very sensitive about.
    Which is one reason I'd like this whole forum to be for PPA members only, part of what we pay for in membership dues. The open forum thing invites too many "non-professionals" which seems to be what PPA wants these days.
    A man becomes what he thinks about all the day long.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buddy Thompson, CPP, MA, BA
    E. E. Thompson Photography
    1818 Country Club Road
    Grenada, MS 38901

www.eethompson.com

Which is one reason I'd like this whole forum to be for PPA members only, part of what we pay for in membership dues. The open forum thing invites too many "non-professionals" which seems to be what PPA wants these days.
    There used to be a forum for PPA members only that was part of the PPA website. It got very poor participation. Moreover, the members-only section here doesn't get as much traffic as I'd personally like.

One of the purposes of this site is "outreach" to photographers who aspire to be professionals or who are professionals who don't understand what PPA is.

One of the most valuable benefits of PPA membership is networking with other members, and we hope that when non-members get a taste of that here, they will want more, especially when they read how members get even more benefit in personal meetings and assistance with each other.

With all the concern about "non-professionals" competing against professionals, IMO the best way to deal with it is to bring them into the fold and teach them professionalism.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Thompson View Post
    Which is one reason I'd like this whole forum to be for PPA members only....
    Please don't go there... This horse has been beaten dead in the past on this thread. As a result there was a Members only section added.... just enjoy the rest of the Forum the way it is...
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Meant to post this a while back. There are still a few threads floating around on google...

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...hl=en&filter=0

but Kirk's right, the majority were removed.
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email