Get together?
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Get together?

Default Get together?

Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but has anyone organized a get-together for PPA online regulars? Just wanted to make sure I don't miss it!
    "Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts."
    Minor White

Nate Weatherly
    www.nateweatherly.com
    Hallmark Institute of Photography Graduate '06

Hey Nate,
    Good question. I am waiting to hear about something too. I don't want to miss any of the fun!
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP
    www.chapelophotography.com

3. Default

I haven't heard anything, but then again I'm not a regular poster (kind of a new guy actually).

It would be nice to meet some of you guys, though!

The PPA Forum Members Only bar in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday and the drinks are free for Forum members. I'm kidding. With the schedule the way it is, it might be tough to schedule but sure would be fun. I think we need to twist the arm of someone to pick a time and a bar and get the word out....quickly too.

PS-As far as I know there is no Ambassador hotel and Wednesday and Thursday are not show dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    The PPA Forum Members Only bar in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday and the drinks are free for Forum members. I'm kidding. With the schedule the way it is, it might be tough to schedule but sure would be fun. I think we need to twist the arm of someone to pick a time and a bar and get the word out....quickly too.

PS-As far as I know there is no Ambassador hotel and Wednesday and Thursday are not show dates.
    Hey Ron, Did you just volunteer to pick a time and bar? I think you might have You know I am dying to meet you. SO when and where should the Ourppa memebers show up?
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP

Hey... did somebody say to meet at Ron's room in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday???

Wish I could make it.. Maybe next year...
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

If I knew anything I'd pick a place, but this is my first time at Imaging and my first time in Tampa! I'd suggest maybe Saturday night? Will most people be there by then? If not then when would be good? Any suggestions for a place Ron?
    "Often while traveling with a camera we arrive just as the sun slips over the horizon of a moment, too late to expose film, only time enough to expose our hearts."
    Minor White

Nate Weatherly
    www.nateweatherly.com
    Hallmark Institute of Photography Graduate '06

It is my first time too Nate, so I am of no help either.

Come on Ron...help a girl out. I do NOT want to spend Saturday night sitting alone watching the news. So Ron put on your best plaid shorts and let's all meet for a drink!
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chick View Post
    [COLOR="Lime"]Wish I could make it.. Maybe next year
    Don,
    I wish you could make it too. If you make it next year, be forewarned...I will be following you around driving you crazy with questions
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Weatherly View Post
    If I knew anything I'd pick a place, but this is my first time at Imaging and my first time in Tampa! I'd suggest maybe Saturday night? Will most people be there by then? If not then when would be good? Any suggestions for a place Ron?
    Saturday's a good choice. The pre-con classes on Saturday end at 5 (or most of them), so there is tons of free time then. From what I've seen alot of people are going to pre-con classes...after mine I'll probably just be relaxing anyway, so I'm up for something.

I've never been to Imaging or Tampa either, so I'll just follow