Imaging USA first-timer questions... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Ok, so I was a slacker and didn't get my buddy pass registered in time to have it mailed. Will the registration desk be open Saturday evening? Or will I have to wait until Sunday morning? (I do hope it will be open in time for me to get to my 7am session).
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Default First timer

We are first timers to the event. Do any of the dinner events require dress up clothing?

Chris, neither of the parties require you to be a fashion star. Most go to the party dressed in what they wore at the programs/tradeshow...or at least they look that way

Tuesday night's party is an interesting mix of formal and casual.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    Chris, neither of the parties require you to be a fashion star.
    There's a few rumors runing around about a toga party at one of the ourppa folks suites at the embassy!
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Benjamin View Post
    There's a few rumors runing around about a toga party at one of the ourppa folks suites at the embassy!
    Well geez...what kind of shoes am I supposed to wear with a toga?
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP
    www.chapelophotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Chapelo View Post
    Well geez...what kind of shoes am I supposed to wear with a toga?

Those strappy sandals of course!

Speaking of shoes...I live in 5 inch heels. Do you do a lot of walking? I picture a lot of sitting and notetaking. LOL

Trade show will take a lot of walking, but you can pace yourself over the 3 days. Hope to see you there, this trip will do you a world of good! I'm excited you can come!
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I thought I'll throw in some quick advice for all first timers. If you ever have any questions or issues, look for ORANGE shirts. PPA and SPS volunteers (like myself) will be there to help you with any issues.

viktor
    Dolyna - Portrait of a Town
    Documentary photo series of a small town in Ukraine.
    Learn more about the project http://kck.st/cA83YV