Judges Critiques at IUSA - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

OK everybody - you should be seeing a new avatar soon for Little-Bo-Linda Gregory. I'm sending the photos from the convention - so she'll have no excuse for replacing the bull...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

There are so many threads I can't keep up! But my critique was great. Keith, it was one of the most valuable things I've done in many years photography-wise. You were so kind to take extra time with me, and to advise me on my 2 very different styles of work. I can't thank you enough for your time and expertise. I can't wait to do it again, and will certainly enter competition as soon as I can directly as a result of your critique. And I will get straight to work with *clear goals* on new improved work. I am newly inspired, and now have direction for improvement.

Elizabeth

I want to add my Thanks to the mentors too! I learned a lot and feel SO much more confident in entering this year. Helping to hang and take down the prints also helped since I got to see everything without all the crowds around. It was great to have knowledgable people around answering questions as we worked.

Debra, I was there, too. Now I'm wondering which one you were!
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

And don't forget about State and Regional competition -- no reason (for many of us) to wait! I have State in just a few weeks and will be incorporating all of the feedback I received through the mentoring session and from other discussions with judges in Tampa. Key points I brought home:
    --Full bleed 16x20, incorporating digital step mount or mat.
    --Short title.
    --Gloss, gloss, gloss.

May your print be perfect when the carousel spins!
    Pete

Default Peter ....

Hi Peter;

I have an add-on for your "May your print be perfect when the carousel spins". And "May the judges get excited by your titles and stay excited when they see the corresponding images".

D. Craig, if we're going to get with this short-title thing, I think you and I are going to have start abbreviating or something!
    Pete
    Pete Bauer
    Author, Photoshop CS4 for Dummies
    Help Desk Director, NAPP