Judges Critiques at IUSA - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Andrea, I think you can request me, I don't really know. I will be there Monday from 1-5. But no one will rip you to shreds, regardless of who you get. If you don't get me, look me up later and I'll be glad to take a look at your stuff. We at the Embassy and I am PM'ing you my cell phone #. It is not necessary to have a laptop. You can bring 8x10 prints. In some cases prints are preferable because issues that show up in an actual print may not be as obvious looking at a laptop screen.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Thanks Keith! I am at the Emabassy too. I know they won't really rip me to shreds. I am just a big wimp Which is why I have never entered a competition to begin with. If I have 8x10's are they supposed to be printed like for comp or can they be normal?
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP
    www.chapelophotography.com

I'm so glad you bumped this thread, Keith. I have been debating whether to do the critique, but this was the last nudge I needed to sign up. I just send Jim an email and hope I can grab a time slot with you. I'm tired of 78's and 79's... time to step it up!!

OK, Keith, so what's the protocol here? How many prints should one bring? I'm toying with the idea.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Keith I singed up after you started this thread. I am scheduled for Monday at 2. I am bringing just over 300 prints for you to look at. Kidding. I know it says 10 prints. I just finished putting the prints in the portfolio. I look forward to your critique.

By the way. These don't all have to be portraits do they? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Levesque View Post
    OK, Keith, so what's the protocol here? How many prints should one bring? I'm toying with the idea.
    Mark,
    although not a critique judge, I would tell you to bring a lot of images. When I did these over the last two years, the judges had a lot of extra time, and even dug into my laptop to find other images. I got about 35 reviewed on the first try, and about 15 on the second. Each judge is different, but you can't go wrong bringing a stack of photos.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Okay Keith, I got my time slot, I will be seeing you at 1:20 on Monday. Now I have to find some files to show you
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP

Andrea just bring your camera and you can create some new images for critique Saturday night.

Andrea, I'm in the same boat - actually, it looks like you'll be right after me on Monday w/Keith... now I need to find some images :-) nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?

So, here's my issue - I have great images that clients have purchased, but I wouldn't enter them in comp. I'm going at it from the perspective of "what would I change to make them comp-worthy." Does that sound feasible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    Andrea just bring your camera and you can create some new images for critique Saturday night.
    I don't know. do you think I could win a comp with images of Liz singing karoke or maybe your plaid shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather L. Smith View Post
    Andrea, I'm in the same boat - actually, it looks like you'll be right after me on Monday w/Keith... now I need to find some images :-) nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?

So, here's my issue - I have great images that clients have purchased, but I wouldn't enter them in comp. I'm going at it from the perspective of "what would I change to make them comp-worthy." Does that sound feasible?
    That's what I am wondering too...since it is a whole new thing for me. Don't show him anything too great since I have to go next.
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP