Starting to Study

Default Starting to Study

Hi... I am new to this forum. I came across it while reading through some information I printed out about the CPP exam.

I am getting ready to purchase the book "Photography" by London and was wondering if there was a way to purchase it at some sort of a discount.

Also, I feel that I am VERY MUCH lacking on the technical side of photography. Could someone recommend additional reading while studying for the exam? I know there are other books on the recommended reading list on the CPP site. Could someone suggest one or two other books off this list that will supplement the "Photography" book?

Thanks for any help!
    Julie

If you study the London book, you really won't need anything else, except, perhaps to participate on this forum and just generally get an idea of how you should be shooting. Most of the stuff I needed to know I learned by osmosis just by participating here (and similar places.) The rest I got by reading the London book.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Hi Julie,
    I found the Photography book (London) used on eBay. You could also try ABEbooks.com. It covers a lot of the technical stuff and that's where I'm lacking as well!
    Stephanie
    S.M Cunningham, CPP
    Ripley, NY

Welcome Julie
    I agree that the London book is the main one to study from. An earlier edition of that book was my text book in college. You might call around to some college book stores and see if it's available used. Also check with your local library and see if they have a copy or can get a copy through the inter-library loan service. Good luck and keep asking questions. Many of our members here are newly certified and fresh from the exam.

Thanks for the suggestions... I will be looking on-line for a copy of the book this weekend! Library would be nice, but I am planning on marking up my copy and would also like it for a long-term reference....

Julie

Hi Julie,

The London book also has online info - questions on each chapter. Be sure to check that out too. Take care, Lois